Intel Advanced/EV Endeavour issues

Support and general discussion.
ppgrainbow

Intel Advanced/EV Endeavour issues

Post by ppgrainbow »

Has anyone used the Intel Advanced/EV Endeavour ROM under using the standard (IDT Winchip) and dynamically complied (Pentium/Pentium MMX) versions of PCem? In that case, there are a couple of annoying bugs to look into and it has to do with the BIOS.

First issue: When I hit F1 to enter the CMOS setup, the setup reports the extended memory available as 248832 KB as I only set the allocated RAM to 32768 KB. Here's a screenshot for proof:
BIOS Bug 1.png
BIOS Bug 1.png (15.34 KiB) Viewed 4082 times
Second issue: Upon selecting Ctrl-Alt-Delete from the File menu, the setup will end up counting memory beyond 32 MB and will continue to count to 4194240 KB and after that, the screen goes completely blank. Pressing F1 to stop the memory testing and counting of memory that doesn't exist on the motherboard doesn't help. And to be obvious, the real Endeavour motherboard can only address up to 128 MB of EDO memory. Here's another screenshot for proof of this memory testing bug:
BIOS Bug 2.png
BIOS Bug 2.png (6.47 KiB) Viewed 4082 times
Hard resetting temporary fixes this issue. I haven't been able to do more investigation of running the Intel Advanced/EV Endeavour ROM using the dynamic complied version of PCem.

Is there any way to fix this? I'm currently running the Intel Advanced/EV ROM with a 75 MHz Winchip/Pentium emulated processor, with 32 MB RAM and a Phoenix S3 Trio32 graphics card with 2 MB VRAM.
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Re: Intel Advanced/EV Endeavour issues

Post by SarahWalker »

Haven't seen the first issue before. The infinite memory count is a known bug.
ppgrainbow

Re: Intel Advanced/EV Endeavour issues

Post by ppgrainbow »

TomWalker wrote:Haven't seen the first issue before. The infinite memory count is a known bug.
Thank you for telling me about this issue regarding the infinite memory count bug. I sure hope that it will be fixed in a future revision. :)