Sound Blaster Pro v1 bug

Support and general discussion.
Fenix77

Sound Blaster Pro v1 bug

Post by Fenix77 »

Hello.

First of all I want to thanks for this new version of PCem. The ability to have several configurations make the things easier, and The 3dfx Voodoo emulation is much faster tested Need For Speed II SE and work fast like in real machine emulating a P100 whit 32 MB ram

I found an issue when I attempted to install the Sound Blaster Pro v1 DOS and Windows drivers. The installer does not detect the 220 ports.
I tried to cheat the installer, selecting SB Pro v2 the installer worked right, but when I try to test the midi music of the diagnostic utility none can be heard.

Thanks for the hard work!
Attachments
Screenshot from 2017-12-12 21-05-22.png
Screenshot from 2017-12-12 21-05-22.png (23.26 KiB) Viewed 3660 times
Chilly Willy

Re: Sound Blaster Pro v1 bug

Post by Chilly Willy »

Sorry but I have a question about what you are doing. If you install a driver for a vintage sound card in PCem, the sound will actually play on the vintage sound card and not use emulation? Sorry to hijack your post but was interested if this works.
leilei

Post by leilei »

No. There is no hardware passthrough anywhere and it's unlikely you'll ever find an ISA Sound Blaster in a machine that can run PCem well.
Chilly Willy

Post by Chilly Willy »

I didn't think it allowed the audio to be passed like that. Would be cool. Also, you wouldn't need an ISA sound card for this. An OPL Yamaha PCI sound card would work on XP. That's if it allowed it though. Which is not the case as stated.