Shaders guide?

Support and general discussion.
resle

Shaders guide?

Post by resle »

I just noticed that with V13 shaders can be loaded once Opengl 3.0 has been selected as renderer.
I had no idea about this! Was the feature unannounced or am I missing or something, some manual or readme file or else?

Anyway, I have been trying to load crt-royale.glslp to no avail.
Upon selecting it, and then clicking "Apply", I get a popup saying

Pcem Error
file '', line 1: '=' expected.

for about 2 seconds, after which pcem crashes and closes.
Attachments
crt-royale.zip
The shader
(16.15 KiB) Downloaded 540 times
386-40.cfg
My configuration
(1.41 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
leilei

Re: Shaders guide?

Post by leilei »

CRT-Royale's infamous for making many shader compilers (in video drivers) upset. I'd suggest starting with CRT-Easymode-Halation instead.

I have a personal cache of shaders here:
https://github.com/leilei-/someshaders

Most of it are presets on a crt-easymode-halation (and that shader itself is tweaked further with some hacks here and there)
resle

Post by resle »

Thanks a lot, very useful.

I am surprised that such a game changer as adding shaders has gone pretty much unannounced/undocumented (but maybe again, it's just me having missed something..)
A. Naim

Post by A. Naim »

resle wrote: Fri 19 Jan, 2018 12:46 pm I just noticed that with V13 shaders can be loaded once Opengl 3.0 has been selected as renderer.
I had no idea about this! Was the feature unannounced or am I missing or something, some manual or readme file or else?

Anyway, I have been trying to load crt-royale.glslp to no avail.
Upon selecting it, and then clicking "Apply", I get a popup saying

Pcem Error
file '', line 1: '=' expected.

for about 2 seconds, after which pcem crashes and closes.
Google says you're trying to load a RetroArch shader preset file as a shader:

https://forums.libretro.com/t/cfg-cgp-g ... ces/3691/2

Not the same thing. :) What you have there is an html file that, I guess, RetroArch processes to find presets. This is the GitHub repository for crt-royal, AFAICT:

https://github.com/libretro/common-shad ... crt-royale

You'd have to compile it from cg to glsl. "cg" is a sort-of "meta-shader language". It's not used directly; you compile it to hlsl (DirectX) or glsl (OpenGL) and use those. It'll take some amount of fiddling with code files, as well, as I don't know how compatible it is with PCem.
leilei

Post by leilei »

A. Naim wrote: Sat 20 Jan, 2018 10:38 am Google says you're trying to load a RetroArch shader preset file as a shader:

Not the same thing. :) What you have there is an html file that, I guess, RetroArch processes to find presets.
PCem can load them.