Networking roms not being detected (Linux)

Support and general discussion.
Charadon

Networking roms not being detected (Linux)

Post by Charadon »

Wish I didn't have to come back so soon. For some odd reason the networking drivers aren't being detected (I made sure they were lower-case, and to make double sure I moved them to an exfat partition I had so they wouldn't be case-sensitive, and I did point the config file to that partition), I also noticed I couldn't click the "configure host" button. Whenever I click on the networking tab, or clicked configure host this, I'm getting this error:

Code: Select all

Menu item not found: 1403
Menu item not found: 1404
Menu item not found: 1403
Menu item not found: 1404
Running Antergos (Arch) 64-bit, wish I could say more about this. But that error is all I have to go by.
JosepMa

Re: Networking roms not being detected (Linux)

Post by JosepMa »

You need to run ./configure with --enable-networking swith for the build to have networking support. Using slirp is included in the sources. I think that additional sources are needed for pcap support (i haven't tested that much).

Also, I don't know what you mean with drivers. You need to install the drivers inside of the guest OS, not on the host OS.

Also, be aware that the NE2000 configuration might need some adjustment for it to work initially. Verify that the port and IRQ are the same on PCem's configuration and on the guest OS.
Charadon

Re: Networking roms not being detected (Linux)

Post by Charadon »

How in the world did I miss that? Thanks. (I also kept calling roms: drivers. Oops)