Puzzle Bobble and Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure fail to detect CD-ROM

Support and general discussion.
SuperWill99

Puzzle Bobble and Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure fail to detect CD-ROM

Post by SuperWill99 »

I have been testing support for several CD-ROM games. I have been using drive D as the CD-ROM drive (otherwise, there's no CD-ROM support). I am using multiple BIN/CUE files for the two games I mentioned in the title, but when I try to run either of them, both complain that they couldn't detect CD-ROM tracks and immediately close. Is CD-ROM support incomplete, or am I doing something seriously wrong? Do I have to reinstall Windows 98 SE without Drive D as CD-ROM?

Also, it should note that Earthworm Jim: Special Edition and Sonic CD (both multiple BIN/ISO images) work, complete with CD audio.
SuperWill99

Re: Puzzle Bobble and Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure fail to detect CD-ROM

Post by SuperWill99 »

I will add that I am using Windows 98 SE with [Socket 7] Award 430VX PCI, and as I said, CD-ROM drive is D:. Why won't these games work? They don't even seem to be any protection scheme that I know of! I NEED HELP!!!
omarsis81

Post by omarsis81 »

Piftall: The Mayan Adventure works fine here
I'm sending you a PM about the other game
Screenshot from 2018-06-06 11-04-50.png
Screenshot from 2018-06-06 11-04-50.png (112.32 KiB) Viewed 6513 times
omarsis81

Post by omarsis81 »

Indeed, I get the same error with Puzzle Bubble. It says it cannot recognize the Audio tracks.
I opened the Windows 95's CD player and the Audio Tracks don't play right, I believe there's the problem.
The Audio Tracks are properly dumped, as they sound fine in a modern computer.

PS: I even lowered the CD-ROM speed to 1x to see if that might cause the music distortion, but the problem persists
Siggy12

Post by Siggy12 »

I tested GAMEBANK "Puzzle Bobble" on a pcem Windows 95 machine and it work perfectly with audio tracks later I'll test it also on a windows 98.

edit:

tested on Windows 98 SE and work perfectly with audio tracks, you could have a bad dump of the game.