Minor Num Lock issue with AMI XT clone

Support and general discussion.
Tale

Minor Num Lock issue with AMI XT clone

Post by Tale »

If I start the the AMI XT clone with Num Lock enabled on my host (Win10), then Num Lock works in reverse inside the emulation, and the regular cursor keys don't work properly (as if Shift is always on). I guess this is because the XT ROM assumes that Num Lock is off after a cold boot. If I turn off Num Lock before loading the emulation, then everything is fine.

This doesn't happen with e.g. the AMI AT clone, I guess because it can read the current Num Lock state (if I remember correctly from back when).

Any ideas? Thanks!
TheMechanist

Re: Minor Num Lock issue with AMI XT clone

Post by TheMechanist »

sorry, can't help you, but maybe you can help me :) .. you're using AMI XT clone, how did you get it running, I don't have this option!? (PCem v13)
Tale

Re: Minor Num Lock issue with AMI XT clone

Post by Tale »

TheMechanist wrote: Sun 09 Dec, 2018 5:53 pmyou're using AMI XT clone, how did you get it running, I don't have this option!? (PCem v13)
Well, I'm on PCem v14, but I don't think that's the problem, because it seems that AMI XT clone support was added in v10.

My first guess would be that you're missing the ROM file, in this case roms/amixt/ami_8088_bios_31jan89.bin. You should probably be able to find it somewhere online...