Minor bugs

Support and general discussion.
terub56

Minor bugs

Post by terub56 »

I was wondering if it's possible to fix for the next release these minor bugs:

-When active "Remember size & position", the main window always appears some pixels below from the last position. This seems to happen only in the version available for download, not if compiled from the source code. This was discussed here: http://pcem-emulator.co.uk/phpBB3/viewt ... f=2&t=2941

-Loading a DVD image from host drive works fine, but if using the ISO load option, in the guest it appears as a CD audio or it's not displayed.

-Higher CPU usage (host) in v14 compared to v12. On a Windows 95C machine with no programs loaded, in v12 I get 8% and in v14 I get 16%.

-Not necessarily a bug, but in latest releases it's not possible to use relative paths for the hdd or the media. This was possible before the new GUI, I think.
omarsis81

Re: Minor bugs

Post by omarsis81 »

terub56 wrote: Sun 27 Jan, 2019 8:05 pm -Loading a DVD image from host drive works fine, but if using the ISO load option, in the guest it appears as a CD audio or it's not displayed.
I believe that's because DVD-ROM is not yet emulated in PCem
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Post by SarahWalker »

-Not necessarily a bug, but in latest releases it's not possible to use relative paths for the hdd or the media. This was possible before the new GUI, I think.
If relative paths ever worked, it was only by accident. This has never been supported.
terub56

Post by terub56 »

I believe that's because DVD-ROM is not yet emulated in PCem
Well, it does work with host drive (real or emulated). It doesn't work with load ISO option.

If relative paths ever worked, it was only by accident. This has never been supported.
You're right. It only worked by manually editing the cfg file. It was a nice feature.
resle

Post by resle »

for clarity: relative paths don't work anymore even if set through editing the cfg files manually?
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Post by SarahWalker »

If they do happen to work, there is no guarantee that they will continue to work in future versions. They are Not Supported.