Display adapter conflift running Pentium 60 / S3 Virge / Win95

Support and general discussion.
mwk86

Display adapter conflift running Pentium 60 / S3 Virge / Win95

Post by mwk86 »

Hello,

Recently I started learning how to use PCem, and installed Windows 95 on a PCem model, which reflects closest to my childhood Pentium 60 with an S3 Virge 3D de-accelerator card. :) Everything worked fine on first bootup, but on subsequent boots i've gotten the error message "your display adapter conflicts with another device", thus leaving my computer with 16 colors. I go to my system device manager, and see that there are conflicts with one hard disk controller, as shown on the attached image. Not being very knowledgeable with any of this, I'm not sure how to attempt to solve the issue. I did read on another thread here, that some of the PCem models have problems with these interrupts... So should I just try to install Windows on another PC? Or maybe try to figure out something over at BIOS? Or maybe it's a driver issue (I remember this being a constant problem with Win 95 back in the day...)

The exact PC setup i'm running is Socket 4 / Intel Premiere PCI Pentium 60, S3 Virge DX with Slow VLB / PCI, SB16 Sound Card, 32 MB memory. Thanks for any advice on this.

omarsis81

Re: Display adapter conflift running Pentium 60 / S3 Virge / Win95

Post by omarsis81 »

Try to uncheck the "use automatic settings" and see if you can change some resources
leilei

Re: Display adapter conflift running Pentium 60 / S3 Virge / Win95

Post by leilei »

My instinct would go toward installing at least the Virge display driver from the DirectX6 driver bundle, and then deleting the conflicting device for a redetection later.