Black Dahlia working - THANK YOU!!

Support and general discussion.
RandomManA

Black Dahlia working - THANK YOU!!

Post by RandomManA »

On and off for the past couple of years, I've been on a weird sort of crusade to get the PC adventure game Black Dahlia working on modern computers. There have always been problems, from the mouse disappearing, to out-and-out crashes. And the only time I got it 100% working was two years ago on a Windows 98 virtual machine in one specific VM program with a TON of fixes and workarounds - until this weekend.

I read about this emulator on r/games, and decided to give it a shot. I emulated a Windows 95 machine with a Pentium 90 (after a Pentium 133 strained my 4.0Ghz processor to the limit - wow), installed Black Dahlia, and ran it. And it. Worked. Flawlessly. No video issues, no sound issues, no mouse issues. I played all the way through the first disc and part of the second, and I just wanted to make an account here to tell the devs how grateful I am to have a no-muss, no-fuss solution.

Game preservation is a huge concern of mine, and without people like you, games like Black Dahlia might get lost forever. Thanks for all your hard work in keeping that dream, and who knows how many other dreams just like mine, alive.

Pantsless Aaron

[Edit for grammar error]
diegojpn

Re: Black Dahlia working - THANK YOU!!

Post by diegojpn »

Hello RandomManA
It has been 2 years since your post and I have the same problem you did.
I was not able to get Black Dahlia running without bugs, crashes and the like.

I also tryed with PCem but it didn´t work.
Can you help me? I´d love to play again this beautiful game.
diegojpn

Re: Black Dahlia working - THANK YOU!!

Post by diegojpn »

Nevermind.
I did it lol.
PCem with win 98 and pentium 90 just like you've suggested. It is just perfect.

Thank you.