pcem tweak

Support and general discussion.
tr.StEalTH

pcem tweak

Post by tr.StEalTH »

Hope no one gets upset with me for this. I thought this might be something some pcem user would want to know about. I got this program from Steam last week on sale for under 10$ called CPUCORES Maximize Your FPS. I seen something about a none Steam version too. You can disable hyper-threading with a click of a check box, game on dedicated cores only, and does some other stuff with windows processes. I had pcem in mind when I got it. Seems to work a little if not a lot! I got a i7 8700, I could run a 200mhz without many drops maybe in some games menus is all. I haven't seen any of those drops so far. Also in viper racing I'd get 32-38fps in the bench mark on med settings in 640-480 now I'm getting 53-57fps that's big to me idk I also stepped up the cpu just to see. I can run 300mhz chip about the way the 200 used to run with drops in menu in some games. Running the k6 III 400 at 100% in Windows ME with Rain, 90-100% in unrealgold and delta force. I'm sticking around the 233-266 range for that build tho.
Anyways that's my findings...Thanks for the memories Sarah + others
Xanarki

Re: pcem tweak

Post by Xanarki »

I acquired a similar program that does the same. I noticed a subtle difference for me (using Intel I5 7400 @ 3.4ghz), but not enough to be able to jump up a CPU like what you did, am still lingering in the 166/180 zone.

Funny enough, Viper Racing and Delta Force are 2 of the main games that I've been tweaking around with, too. Great games.
tr.StEalTH

Post by tr.StEalTH »

DeltaForce was pretty lagged on my old cpu. I was still getting some fps slow downs in some town fights on this chip. I need to find some time to see how its running now. Got it about halfway beat, I haven't played in months.
Xanarki

Post by Xanarki »

Believe it or not, there's still an online community for the game. People still play DF1 every Sunday, and there's usually people playing DF2 every day around afternoon or evening (EST). DFLW gets the occasional players every day, while TFD only has people playing co-op strangely. BHD is still active. Dunno about Xtreme 1 or 2. So yeah, that's the Delta Force series in a nutshell lol.
tr.StEalTH

Post by tr.StEalTH »

I didn't even know they made DFX 2. I have the first one some wheres! I don't play anything online except for Quake Champions. It's all I got time for now days, I haven't even played that in weeks. Also none of my pcem builds are setup for networking. That could change someday idk, I think I'd dig out one of my old computers if I had that yen going on.
Xanarki

Post by Xanarki »

Well, the DF games work on modern systems, the community has made patches and stuff, to go online. I also haven't done much networking on PCEM. I did try Interstate '76, but it kicks me off online games after about 10 seconds sadly.

I play QC as well but I also haven't touched it in weeks. That game is dying sadly.
tr.StEalTH

Post by tr.StEalTH »

You a Quake player huh I remember when I got my voodoo 1 Took Quake out of software mode, I was hooked after that. We should duel sometime! I'm getting old but I still give them kids a fight. I was like 1925 the last time I ranked in. I'm waiting for the new season to start I guess next week sometime. I don't see any Delta Force 1 updates for HD I'm sure it would run like shit on my 240hz monitor if it does run on windows 10. I could look into that sometime. Me and my bother used to play the shit out of it back in the day. Good times, I'll msg you my discord link.