Virtual Printers?

Support and general discussion.
Slother3x

Virtual Printers?

Post by Slother3x »

hello, good people.

i noticed that PCem does not have the ability to connect a printer. be it a real one or even the way i will be suggesting in a moment.

PCem does have the ability to run Wordperfect 5.0 and 6.0. (the two versions i have tested) but i am unable to print anything.

i was wondering if a virtual printer, (even if it be a generic text only one) be able print to a PDF,GIF or TXT file in a sub-directory called printouts.

i am nostalgic when it comes to software. i prefer it to modern stuff. that is why i love PCem. it let's me run the programs that matter to me in the way that matters to me.

thank you for your time. :)
startmenu

Re: Virtual Printers?

Post by startmenu »

Maybe you can try some DOS virtual printer software. PCem neither emulates COM ports nor LTP ports for passing though data with the host.
But I heard that DOSBox SVN-Daum has a virtual text only printer connected to the parallel port……
Slother3x

Re: Virtual Printers?

Post by Slother3x »

startmenu wrote:Maybe you can try some DOS virtual printer software. PCem neither emulates COM ports nor LTP ports for passing though data with the host.
But I heard that DOSBox SVN-Daum has a virtual text only printer connected to the parallel port……
this Virtual Printer software that you speak of. what printer does it emulate and what is it called so i can download it and install it on my virtual harddrive?

you might of misread my initial reasoning.

i would like to create wysiwyg printouts of a virtual piece of paper on a virtual hardware printer. virtually connected to a virtual PC. using PCem. more than using actual hardware.

is this possible or should i not hold my breath?

going to another emulator is like buying a new car when you just need new tires and a oil change on the one you have.

oh the potential that this emulator has going for it.

if only i knew the internals of this program, i could suggest how to do it.

but i don't that is why i am asking here