Won’t Load ISO’s

Support and general discussion.
IMeganElisabeth

Won’t Load ISO’s

Post by IMeganElisabeth »

Upon trying to load any ISO via CDROM in the menu it is selected upon choosing open and shows it as being selected in emulation but no disc will show in my windows 98 system.. It used to work before.. I don’t know if this helps at all but in my config file it shows cdrom_drive = 200, cdrom_enabled = 1, and cdrom_channel = -1. The cdrom_path shows the iso I have selected. I have also made sure that within BIOS CDROM is first in order. I greatly appreciate any help to get this working again!
omarsis81

Re: Won’t Load ISO’s

Post by omarsis81 »

Do you see the CDROM letter unit in the windows' explorer?
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Post by SarahWalker »

cdrom_channel should not be -1. That would suggest you don't have a CD-ROM drive configured in PCem's drive setup.
IMeganElisabeth

omarsis81 wrote: Tue 06 Oct, 2020 3:34 pm Do you see the CDROM letter unit in the windows' explorer?
No, I do not.
IMeganElisabeth

SarahWalker wrote: Tue 06 Oct, 2020 4:08 pm cdrom_channel should not be -1. That would suggest you don't have a CD-ROM drive configured in PCem's drive setup.
Hm.. it worked before with this exact setup though.. how would I configure this properly?
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Post by SarahWalker »

In the drive configuration tab, you need to set the Type of one of the drives to CD-ROM.
IMeganElisabeth

Last edited by IMeganElisabeth on Tue 06 Oct, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IMeganElisabeth

SarahWalker wrote: Tue 06 Oct, 2020 5:54 pm In the drive configuration tab, you need to set the Type of one of the drives to CD-ROM.
I truly cannot thank you enough for this simple fix. You truly have no idea how much I needed this today. Maybe you might be able to help with something else..? In wanting to use the shaders but when I add reshade’s .fx but OpenGL capable shaders it crashes.. do/can I just change the extensions from .fx to .glsl..? Am having trouble finding .glsl shaders to use with PCem.
leilei

Post by leilei »

Reshade's shaders won't work, as those are written in DirectX HLSL.

What shaders that will work will be most of the GLSL ones from the Retroarch shaders repository.
IMeganElisabeth

leilei wrote: Wed 07 Oct, 2020 12:40 am Reshade's shaders won't work, as those are written in DirectX HLSL.

What shaders that will work will be most of the GLSL ones from the Retroarch shaders repository.
Thank you so very much! I’ve tried several from within Retroarch and get this error though.. Could not compile shader:
0(151) : error C1503: undefined variable “textureDimensions”
0(157) : error C1503: undefined variable “textureDimensions”
MannyMania

Post by MannyMania »

Hey Guys, I can't get the CDROM to show up. I'm using PCem v17. I have the Drive 0 Primary master as a image file, and Drive 1 Primary Slave as CDROM. I'm setting up the machine as a [486] Award SIS 496/497. I set the BIOS to Auto for all IDE devices. When the system boots is pauses for a while on the IDE channel that should be the CDROM and eventually detects nothing. I've tried setting the cdrom to secondary master and slave, even the Host CDrom but it doesn't work. Has anyone else had this?

I'm running Pcem on a Pentium 4 WinXP environment with 3gb of ram.

Cheers.
MM
Arjen42

Post by Arjen42 »

@MannyMania You don't need the BIOS to detect CD-ROM unless you need to boot from it. (And I doubt this BIOS supports that.) So it's best to leave the CD-ROM
drive and unused drives in the BIOS at None to speed up the boot process on slower machines.

You do need to load the CD-ROM driver from config.sys and load mscdex.exe from autoexec.bat when running DOS.
MannyMania

Post by MannyMania »

Thanks for the info!! You were right, it was the 486 not supporting the PcemCD. I copied my HDD_Image file to a faster computer and set PCem to a Pentium 133. The cd worked and I was able to load what I needed. I then copied the HDD_Image file back to my P4 system and it's perfect.

Thanks again!!
MM