PCem screw up moments thread(fun thread)

Support and general discussion.
Zacker

PCem screw up moments thread(fun thread)

Post by Zacker »

Post your PCem related fails here
Mine is- RIP 45 Minutes of my time:So i made a new drive and installed Win95OSR2. Took me 45 minutes, no biggie. Turns out I didn't put .img and was meaning to and had a WHOLE OTHER IMAGE in the EXACT SAME FOLDER. Went on to copy my driver files into the image. I realized I didn't change the image file name in the pcem config. Decided to try and transfer the files anyway. PowerISO(the only thing that I can use in this desktop ATM) reported a fail and would not mount. Tried to boot back to that image in PCem and failed, it said PRESS A TO REBOOT. It was at that moment I knew, I fucked up. I named that image CYKA BLYAT IDI NAHUI.img in honor of CS:GO russians and my fail. At least I used that 45 minutes to study for my final exams for this term, lol.
So what funny screwups stories do you have here?
Battler

Re: PCem screw up moments thread(fun thread)

Post by Battler »

Possibly my biggest fail was when I accidentally mounted a floppy image on the hard drive. :D
leilei

Post by leilei »

I played with a "dog"

(old glitch)
Attachments
dogz.gif
dogz.gif (20.94 KiB) Viewed 10596 times
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Post by SarahWalker »

One day all dogs will look like that.
leilei

Post by leilei »

One earlier glitch (later fixed by that cpu revision that also fixed Spectre VR for Windows) caused obscure Win16 game Flak Attack to make the player's turret grow longer instead of turning. It was weird and it affected gameplay. The neglect to report this game is also a screw up moment.

Also more on topic with classic pebkacs, i've installed DOS 6.22, Windows 3.1, Windows 95 trying out some forum post's multi-Windows booting theory (which i've never done with a real PC, even in 95 during its initial launch disdain period). Later I booted to old MS-DOS and then I ran Win3.1. This then rendered the drive unbootable

Another screw up is that I keep breaking the Windows 9X CD-ROM driver somehow post-installation. Often I had resorted to using the oak cdrom driver off the boot floppy and load MSCDEX for some real-mode CD access at least, andthat's not perfect either (no long filenames, and most cds don't access >128mb). Most of the big CD-ROM games i've tested have been done on fresh WinME installations.
Zacker

Post by Zacker »

TomWalker wrote:One day all dogs will look like that.
That would be the day PCem emulates a Titan X Quad-Sli and dual Xeon 61 cores, lol.
Zacker

Post by Zacker »

Battler wrote:Possibly my biggest fail was when I accidentally mounted a floppy image on the hard drive. :D
Classic PCem newb problem XD
Zacker

Post by Zacker »

Another screw up just happened. Typed a win95osr2 key wrongly, and accidentally quit setup... IT WAS ON A 386SX FOR GODS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S can you add math co processor emulation on v11, Tom?
Battler

Post by Battler »

- Zacker: Math co-processor is emulated already, just only on 486 and later for time being.
A. Naim

Post by A. Naim »

Pretty much every time I try to use it. Man, am I rusty - I don't have nearly this much trouble with WinUAE.

Edit: Seriously, how do you use 3Dfx?
nerd73

Post by nerd73 »

When I tried to add 386 emulation to the 286 boards and tried to install 95.
Needless to say, I failed.