PCem icon?

Support and general discussion.
JamieDoesStuff

PCem icon?

Post by JamieDoesStuff »

I know it's a small thing, but will there ever be an icon instead of the generic 3 boxes? I can try and make one, it the devs would want.
X_m7

Re: PCem icon?

Post by X_m7 »

I did end up making a basic one as part of making a Flatpak for Linux users in this thread, feel free to have a look at that, and maybe if you can make a better one put yours up too. No idea if it'll ever get integrated for the Windows side but at least it's something to start with.
abk4523

Post by abk4523 »

I just found this for Windows:

https://www.wikihow.com/Change-the-Icon-for-an-Exe-File

I gave it a cursory try, it seems to work.
Cheez

Post by Cheez »

Changing the icon isn't the issue, having an official one is.
abk4523

Post by abk4523 »

I threw it out there incase any newbies like myself wanted to do it but did not know how. I'm sure Sarah has better things to worry about other than this issue.
leilei

Post by leilei »

Art's my main hobby and even I'm not sure of what the icon could look like (given the broad coverage of 6 computer generations)....

It'd probably have to be a very scaleable SVG for wx theme consistency, which is way out of my familiar comfort zone anyway (32x / 48x @ 256c at best)
X_m7

Post by X_m7 »

Here's what I made from my attempt to make a Flatpak for Linux, it's SVG, and is basically a flat version of what's already on the PCem homepage anyway.