I'm to new for this App ?)

Support and general discussion.
Jebosh

I'm to new for this App ?)

Post by Jebosh »

Hello, I'm Jebosh. Yesterday I'm noticed about this virtual console of PCem fort this videos of Vargskelethor Joel, when I see it I would like the have one of that type. BUT WELL, this is the problem...idk what I'm doing wrong ?
I saw all kinds of tutorials and everything is two steps forward and one step back, the problems in BIG is the voodo 2 graphics, I don't know how to install, evertime that error in the test of 3dfx graphics after installed it. So please...please I want to know a strong guide of config well my Windows 98.
Specs of my PC:

CPU: Rzen 9 3950x @4.7GHz
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER
RAM: 32GB
1TB SSD
2TB HDD (PCEM v17 here)

In fact, the principal reason which I want to emulate PCem Win98 is for testing some games in that virtual machine, abandonware i download it and curiosity. I remeber play in my childhood that weird Super Mario for DOS jajaja.
So please...i want to know some recomendations and a complete guide for the PCem v17 which i use it.

So that, sorry if all my text sounds weird and stupid, first: I knew in all of this; and Two: I don't speak english very well, I'm speak spanish...but I'm use all my effort to write and speak english.

Have a nice day.

//Well...idk how to put a picture...great. Is an error of "resoltionxresolution 16 bit" and only appear when i test directx and ddraw in voodoo2. The test failure 10 and something...
Screenshot_10.png
Screenshot_10.png (161.3 KiB) Viewed 1826 times
leilei

Re: I'm to new for this App ?)

Post by leilei »

Make sure a minimum of DirectX 7 is installed prior to using Voodoo2 drivers from November 1999 and later.
Jebosh

Post by Jebosh »

leilei wrote: Fri 05 Feb, 2021 7:18 pm Make sure a minimum of DirectX 7 is installed prior to using Voodoo2 drivers from November 1999 and later.
Mmmmm OK, I think Win98 has the drivers of DirectX in one of the files ? In other case I'll install it DirectX7.
Jebosh

Post by Jebosh »

leilei wrote: Fri 05 Feb, 2021 7:18 pm Make sure a minimum of DirectX 7 is installed prior to using Voodoo2 drivers from November 1999 and later.
Thank you, it works. Two questions more.
I can install it Directx9 ? I remember Win98 has support for that.

The Second question is:

My Win98 don't shut down correctly, when i selected restart it freeze in the screen of Win98 logo with some points in their, the same history with restart in DOS Mode. With that question I'm fine, internet works fine so thats all for the moment. Thank you so much.

Sorry this screenshot is in low quality but the page has a limit of size.
Screenshot_11.png
Screenshot_11.png (279.01 KiB) Viewed 1804 times