PCem v11 mouse issues

Support and general discussion.
Post Reply
bandicootpower
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue 07 Jun, 2016 5:36 pm

PCem v11 mouse issues

Post by bandicootpower » Wed 08 Jun, 2016 5:22 pm

Hello,
I am using PCem v11 on my Windows 10 64-bit computer, and I'm having difficulties trying to use the mouse.
I've tried Windows 95 OSR2 and Windows 98SE, but every time I move the mouse, the cursor goes crazy in the emulated PC and I have difficulties clicking on pretty much everything.
Does anyone use 64-bit Windows 10 for PCem v11, and if so, did you have mouse issues? How would someone fix this?

User avatar
omarsis81
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu 17 Dec, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: PCem v11 mouse issues

Post by omarsis81 » Wed 08 Jun, 2016 5:29 pm

bandicootpower wrote:Hello,
I am using PCem v11 on my Windows 10 64-bit computer, and I'm having difficulties trying to use the mouse.
I've tried Windows 95 OSR2 and Windows 98SE, but every time I move the mouse, the cursor goes crazy in the emulated PC and I have difficulties clicking on pretty much everything.
Does anyone use 64-bit Windows 10 for PCem v11, and if so, did you have mouse issues? How would someone fix this?
I noticed that in Windows 7, if you click the middle mouse button you can switch between real desktop and emulated desktop, but it doesn't work in Windows 8 (and probably Win 10). Maybe part of the same issue

bandicootpower
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue 07 Jun, 2016 5:36 pm

Re: PCem v11 mouse issues

Post by bandicootpower » Wed 08 Jun, 2016 5:57 pm

omarsis81 wrote:
bandicootpower wrote:Hello,
I am using PCem v11 on my Windows 10 64-bit computer, and I'm having difficulties trying to use the mouse.
I've tried Windows 95 OSR2 and Windows 98SE, but every time I move the mouse, the cursor goes crazy in the emulated PC and I have difficulties clicking on pretty much everything.
Does anyone use 64-bit Windows 10 for PCem v11, and if so, did you have mouse issues? How would someone fix this?
I noticed that in Windows 7, if you click the middle mouse button you can switch between real desktop and emulated desktop, but it doesn't work in Windows 8 (and probably Win 10). Maybe part of the same issue
That doesn't work in Windows 10 either. I can go back to real desktop but can't switch to emulated desktop. Maybe a mouse driver issue in PCem or something with the weird cursor? Same thing happened in v10.1.

User avatar
FredPJ
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2015 1:55 pm

Re: PCem v11 mouse issues

Post by FredPJ » Wed 08 Jun, 2016 11:18 pm

omarsis81 wrote:I noticed that in Windows 7, if you click the middle mouse button you can switch between real desktop and emulated desktop, but it doesn't work in Windows 8 (and probably Win 10). Maybe part of the same issue
Yeah, releasing the cursor with the middle mouse button doesn't work here in Windows 10 either.

By the way, would it be possible to change the release mouse key combination from Ctrl+End to the more accessible Ctrl+Alt (like in VMware Workstation)? I always spend a few seconds looking at the keyboard trying to find the End key after missing it, it gets annoying after a while.

User avatar
SarahWalker
Site Admin
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu 24 Apr, 2014 4:18 pm

Re: PCem v11 mouse issues

Post by SarahWalker » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 6:04 pm

I'll have a look into the middle mouse button issue, it's not something I've seen before.

My concern with the release mouse key combination is that it has to be something that the emulated OS / software isn't going to use, and I'm pretty sure Ctrl+Alt is used by some stuff. Might make it an option though.

User avatar
ender
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue 14 Oct, 2014 12:51 pm

Re: PCem v11 mouse issues

Post by ender » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 10:38 am

Ctrl+Alt would be nice, since that's what VMWare uses. Note that capture/release only happens if you press and release Ctrl+Alt - if you use any other key together with them, release isn't done (also, this means that in VMWare at least the VM receives the Ctrl and Alt down scancodes before the keyboard/mouse is released).

User avatar
omarsis81
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu 17 Dec, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: PCem v11 mouse issues

Post by omarsis81 » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 12:36 pm

In my opinion, the best option would be to make the hotkey configurable.

bandicootpower
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue 07 Jun, 2016 5:36 pm

Re: PCem v11 mouse issues

Post by bandicootpower » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 3:01 pm

This would be great, considering VMware uses Ctrl+Alt, however, does anyone know what causes the mouse cursor to go crazy issue yet? And if there's a possible solution?

User avatar
SarahWalker
Site Admin
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu 24 Apr, 2014 4:18 pm

Re: PCem v11 mouse issues

Post by SarahWalker » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 5:51 pm

Could you expand on 'crazy'? How is the mouse cursor behaving exactly?

bandicootpower
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue 07 Jun, 2016 5:36 pm

Re: PCem v11 mouse issues

Post by bandicootpower » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 6:54 pm

SarahWalker wrote:Could you expand on 'crazy'? How is the mouse cursor behaving exactly?
What I mean is, every time I move the mouse, the cursor goes flying all over the place and I find a lot of difficulty in clicking on things. Whether it's Windows 95 OSR2 or Windows 98 SE, it just goes in a completely different direction. I hope you understand more of what I said previously.

User avatar
ender
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue 14 Oct, 2014 12:51 pm

Re: PCem v11 mouse issues

Post by ender » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 8:47 pm

That sounds like driver problem in the OS - cursor jumping around like that usually happens if the driver thinks it's a 2-button mouse, while it's getting data for 3 buttons (or vice-versa).

bandicootpower
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue 07 Jun, 2016 5:36 pm

Re: PCem v11 mouse issues

Post by bandicootpower » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 9:27 pm

ender wrote:That sounds like driver problem in the OS - cursor jumping around like that usually happens if the driver thinks it's a 2-button mouse, while it's getting data for 3 buttons (or vice-versa).
That could be it, after all, my wireless mouse has a right and left click button, a scroll wheel and a previous and forward button on the left side (for browsing webpages and such). Maybe I should use my laptop's touchpad instead?

Lekendri
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed 27 Apr, 2016 11:06 pm

Re: PCem v11 mouse issues

Post by Lekendri » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 2:39 pm

Could it be to do with the mouse control panel within the OS. Changing the speed as different mice seem to work at different speeds.
Just a thought as I have no issues with my 7 button mouse on Windows 10 x64

User avatar
ender
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue 14 Oct, 2014 12:51 pm

Re: PCem v11 mouse issues

Post by ender » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 3:55 pm

The host mouse doesn't matter - it's not passed directly to the guest. I think PCem emulates a two-button mouse, but if the OS for some reason thinks it's a 3-button one, you'll get jumping.

User avatar
omarsis81
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu 17 Dec, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: PCem v11 mouse issues

Post by omarsis81 » Mon 20 Jun, 2016 9:39 pm

Ok, I stand corrected. The releasing of the emulator to the host OS works fine with the press of the middle button on Windows 8.
It happens that I was using the Diablo III mouse with the default Windows driver, and pushing the middle button writes the character "v", now I installed the manufacturer's driver and works fine.

My bad, sorry :oops:

User avatar
TheOligopolist
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu 16 Jun, 2016 8:46 pm

Re: PCem v11 mouse issues

Post by TheOligopolist » Wed 22 Jun, 2016 6:21 am

Middle mouse button release works fine for me on Windows 10.

Post Reply