Request: Intermediate beta builds

Support and general discussion.
FredPJ

Request: Intermediate beta builds

Post by FredPJ »

Like the title suggests, how about releasing intermediate beta builds? The development cycle for each version is a bit too long, and some of us like me who are just users wanting to test the new features don't have enough knowledge to build PCem (my programming days are way behind) so we have to wait for a new version or download unofficial builds. Also, I think intermediate builds would eliminate last minute corrections to a new main release since more people would be able to test and report bugs earlier.
I don't mean releasing a lot of intermediate builds in between each version, just one or maybe two would be enough. These intermediate builds would be released in a forum thread only, not at the main PCem website page. What do you think?
omarsis81

Re: Request: Intermediate beta builds

Post by omarsis81 »

Either that, or someone with enough patience could write a very small tutorial on how to compile PCem :mrgreen:
That would be awesome
Solstar82

Post by Solstar82 »

FredPJ wrote:Like the title suggests, how about releasing intermediate beta builds? The development cycle for each version is a bit too long, and some of us like me who are just users wanting to test the new features don't have enough knowledge to build PCem (my programming days are way behind) so we have to wait for a new version or download unofficial builds. Also, I think intermediate builds would eliminate last minute corrections to a new main release since more people would be able to test and report bugs earlier.
I don't mean releasing a lot of intermediate builds in between each version, just one or maybe two would be enough. These intermediate builds would be released in a forum thread only, not at the main PCem website page. What do you think?
agreed.also useful to pinpoint exactly where there has been an improvement,or a regression
omarsis81

Post by omarsis81 »

Solstar82 wrote:agreed.also useful to pinpoint exactly where there has been an improvement,or a regression
The improvements can be seen here:
https://bitbucket.org/pcem_emulator/pcem/commits/all