The System16 System Emulator video.

Support and general discussion.
Neville

The System16 System Emulator video.

Post by Neville »

One of my goals when I started using PCem was to use again this fantastic arcade emulator. However, I can't get it to work properly yet.

The first problem is that it exits with an allegro error with most video cards, something I'm not entirely sure it's accurate. I got it to work with the following configurtation, however:

- Award 430VX PCI

- CPU Intel Pentium 133 Mhz.

- S3 Virge/DX

- Cache: A lot

- Video Speed: Fast VLB / PCI

- 32 Mb. RAM

- Sound Blaster AWE32 (drivers installed)

The issue? The game menu shows alright, but when it comes to running games the screen stretches vertically in the strangest way:

Weird, uh? According to the docs and the output text, the emulator runs in 320x240 res, linear VGA/VESA mode.

EDIT: Tried installing Scitech Display Doctor v5.3a on the host machine, with the same results.
Zup

Re: The System16 System Emulator video.

Post by Zup »

It seems it's doubling lines, producing a 320x480 lines output. Does it happen with other video cards?
Neville

Re: The System16 System Emulator video.

Post by Neville »

To be honest, I couldn't get it to work with other video cards (Allegro exit error). However, editing SYSTEM16.INI and replacing the res with 640x480 + Eagle filter does work. The downside of this is that then the emu is way to slow (14 FPS on my system) to be worthwhile.