Commander Keen 4 keyboard stuck key problem

Support and general discussion.
markotoi

Commander Keen 4 keyboard stuck key problem

Post by markotoi »

I tested the newest PCem yesterday and overall it seems to work better than the previous version. I installed MS-DOS 6.22 and Commander Keen 4, then tested the game for a while. I started the virtual machine in full screen mode and used full screen mode also when testing the game.

At one stage, it seems like keyboard right arrow button was stuck, because Keen was just running to the right and I didn't press the right key. I was not able to reproduce this when I tried again after hard reset of the virtual machine, but I have never experienced this problem on any real hardware.

Another thing. I also tested Space Quest 4 and Windows 3.1. It seems like the mouse pointer jumped to random locations.
resle

Re: Commander Keen 4 keyboard stuck key problem

Post by resle »

the commander keen 4 "key stuck" thing happened to me several times on a real dos machine back in the days. Could/should be a bug of the game rather than pcem.
leilei

Post by leilei »

Is it reproducible from within Windows? I've had one "stuck key" issue in another dos game but only when in pure dos mode (Spectre VR) and it seemed to go away when ran under Windows 95.
markotoi

Post by markotoi »

Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce this problem. If I will, I will then give more information how to reproduce it.