[BUG] Clock sync issue

Support and general discussion.
ppgrainbow

[BUG] Clock sync issue

Post by ppgrainbow »

Today is Friday, the 31st of March and here is the bug that I've just encountered.

When today's date is set to the 31st and in the Configure PCem settings, I select "Synchronise time to host clock" when this happens, the guest machine thinks that today is Saturday, 1 April 2017! X_x

I had to manually set today's date to the 31st until I reboot the emulated machine.

Here's a exanpke of what the Award 430VX PCI BIOS looks like:
clockbug.png
clockbug.png (56.94 KiB) Viewed 3585 times
If you have set the date to the 31st of January, March, May, July, August, October or December, are you able to reproduce this clock offset bug?

Edit: I want to point out that I'm in the Pacific timezone (GMT -0800) so something has got to be amiss here. When the calendar changes over to April tomorrow, I'll bet that the date should be in sync.

Update: I found out about the clock bug, I just found out that the BIOS date was getting the wrong month because of this piece of code: return rtc_days_in_month[org_month];.

I found out that the org_month is 1-based. If you set the org_month variable to 0-based - return rtc_days_in_month[org_month - 1];, this will fix the issue. :)