PCem v9 won't run...

Support and general discussion.
ppgrainbow

PCem v9 won't run...

Post by ppgrainbow »

First of all, Tom. I would like to thank you for all of the hard work that you put in the latest version of PCem and I appreciate it!

I recently upgraded to PCem v9 (based on r169) and when I try to executive PCem v9, I receive this error message:
PCem.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point __gxx_personality_v0 could not be located in the dynamic link library libstdc++-6.dll.
As far as I know, alut.dll, libgcc_s_sjij-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll are now required to run PCem v9 and later. This I used these DLLs in PCem v8 r161 when it came out.

Also, when I tested newer revisions of PCem v8.1, there was a icon that featured a IBM PC computer and it's not there in the official release. :(
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Re: PCem v9 won't run...

Post by SarahWalker »

I added libstdc++-6.dll, I don't believe any others should be required.

PCem has never had an icon.
ppgrainbow

Post by ppgrainbow »

TomWalker wrote:I added libstdc++-6.dll, I don't believe any others should be required.

Thank you for the heads up. I guess that I'll have to use a icon from a older revision of PCem and go from there.

Edit: Another file libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll is missing as well. PCem still fails to start due to this.
AnnaWu

Post by AnnaWu »

@ppgrainbow

I added the icon resource in my unofficial builds.

@TomWalker

I can't start the new PCem v9 for Windows build on my WinXP SP3 32-bit OS because the file "libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll" is missing.
Maybe a dynamic linking so you don't need to have it in the same folder?
Solved already this with the needed library.
Last edited by AnnaWu on Sat 04 Oct, 2014 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AnnaWu

Post by AnnaWu »

ppgrainbow wrote:
TomWalker wrote:I added libstdc++-6.dll, I don't believe any others should be required.

Thank you for the heads up. I guess that I'll have to use a icon from a older revision of PCem and go from there.

Edit: Another file libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll is missing as well. PCem still fails to start due to this.
Here the needed library.
Attachments
libgcc_s_dw2-1.zip
(48.55 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
ppgrainbow

Post by ppgrainbow »

AnnaWu wrote:
ppgrainbow wrote:

Here the needed library.
Thank you so much for the help. PCem v9 works now. :)
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Post by SarahWalker »

Added libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll. I'm sure I used the same toolchain for v8.1 and didn't need these DLLs...
ppgrainbow

Post by ppgrainbow »

TomWalker wrote:Added libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll. I'm sure I used the same toolchain for v8.1 and didn't need these DLLs...
Thanks once again! :)