[Partially-Solved] PCem v12 and Sound Lag

Support and general discussion.
Battler

Re: [Partially-Solved] PCem v12 and Sound Lag

Postby Battler » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 8:57 pm

SarahWalker wrote:What on earth are you even talking about here?

Are you seriously comparing misgendering a trans person (basically transphobia) with someone not liking a particular form of TV? How have you managed to come to the conclusion that the two are even remotely comparable?

The situation was me generally using "they" instead of "she" by accident, because I would often write a message rhetorically talking in 3rd person about multiple people then at the last moment change it to be more directly addressed at you, but overlooking the pronouns, not out of malice, but because I honestly don't think of them a lot because in my native language (Slovenians) they aren't used half as much as they are in English, because we tend to drop the subject from the sentence wherever possible.
And what I wanted to point out was not that I consider transphobia and disliking anime to be the same, but that if you can interpret my accidental and non-malicious pronoun misuse as malicious transphobia, then I can also interpret some of things you said as being worse than they were meant as.
But I do agree that my approach was wrong and I should have addressed the issue differently and more constructively.

I'm not a lawyer, and this case isn't explicitly stated in the licence, but my understanding is that you have to provide source for any modifications you make. That would rule out distributing binary hacks of GPL programs.

Find a lawyer if you want a definite answer, but that's my interpretation.

Well, I guess we interpret the license differently in this regard then, and will have to agree to disagree.

I also find it a bit unethical to take someone else's code, make a few binary hacks, and claim it as 'your project'.

From what I remember, he did claim his project was a fork of PCem-X (which by its name was obvious it was a fork of PCem :p).

Then don't state that there was! If you want me to believe that you're acting in good faith, a good start would be to stop spreading lies around like this.

I did not say that you refused to cooperate with him, but that he had difficulties cooperating with you, which he had, not because of your own actions but because of the actions of other people, such as leilei.

I'm basing this off his Vogons postings, where he's mostly complaining about not being able to compile stuff and gives off the impression of having little if any C knowledge. If he's actually doing something useful now, then fine.

He does have C knowledge, he just doesn't have much knowledge of Unix-like environments, among which MinGW/MSys, and he is strictly of the opinion that Unix-like environments should not be used when compiling a Windows application on Windows. :p
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Postby SarahWalker » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 9:10 pm

Battler wrote:And what I wanted to point out was not that I consider transphobia and disliking anime to be the same, but that if you can interpret my accidental and non-malicious pronoun misuse as malicious transphobia, then I can also interpret some of things you said as being worse than they were meant as.

Misgendering someone is quite a bit worse than saying mean things about anime. I can't believe I have to say that.

I also find it a bit unethical to take someone else's code, make a few binary hacks, and claim it as 'your project'.

From what I remember, he did claim his project was a fork of PCem-X (which by its name was obvious it was a fork of PCem :p).

It was quite literally PCem (or PCem-X if you insist) hacked to change the name. Claiming that as a new project is just taking the piss.

Then don't state that there was! If you want me to believe that you're acting in good faith, a good start would be to stop spreading lies around like this.

I did not say that you refused to cooperate with him, but that he had difficulties cooperating with you, which he had, not because of your own actions but because of the actions of other people, such as leilei.

That is one of the weirdest attempts at logic I have ever heard! Please tell me this isn't actually your thought process.
Battler

Postby Battler » Mon 12 Jun, 2017 9:24 pm

SarahWalker wrote:Misgendering someone is quite a bit worse than saying mean things about anime. I can't believe I have to say that.

That's true.

It was quite literally PCem (or PCem-X if you insist) hacked to change the name. Claiming that as a new project is just taking the piss.

Yeah, he started by just changing the name and wanted to get to the actual work later. He ended up dropping it and switching to Hampa's PCE instead. Though I do agree he shouldn't have released the name change hang, it was ridiculous.

That is one of the weirdest attempts at logic I have ever heard! Please tell me this isn't actually your thought process.

Let me express it better then - my point was that another person's attacks prevented him from cooperating with you, because he felt he would be unable to cooperate with you so long as one of your friends (leilei) kept attacking him. I don't quite understand this logic myself, I mean, while I understand how SoftPCMuseum_ felt, I do think he should have simply ignored leilei and continued trying to cooperate with you. But evidently, he thought otherwise.
Malik

Postby Malik » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 3:26 am

Battler, is your softhistory.org forum still actively monitored? Thanks.
Battler

Postby Battler » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 2:32 pm

- Malik: It's a bit dead because noone other than myself seems to go there anymore. Everyone else seems to be sticking to the IRC channel. :p

Return to “General”