Bugfix patch: host mouse pointer behavior after fullscreen

Discussion of development and patch submission.
ecksemmess

Bugfix patch: host mouse pointer behavior after fullscreen

Post by ecksemmess »

Attached is a patch for win.c which should fix several annoying glitches I've noticed that sometimes cause the host mouse pointer to disappear, freeze, or behave badly after switching into or out of fullscreen mode. The bugs only come up under certain circumstances and on certain host configurations, but the fixes in this patch seem to solve the problem pretty reliably across the board.
Attachments
win.c.patch
(1.05 KiB) Downloaded 355 times
ecksemmess

Re: Bugfix patch: host mouse pointer behavior after fullscre

Post by ecksemmess »

Apologies for the bump, but I'd like to know if anyone has applied this patch and had any sort of experience with it worth mentioning, for good or ill. I and a couple of other people I know have found it to be successful at clearing up the host mouse glitches that we've noticed occasionally during and after using fullscreen, which were very annoying, and we've noticed no negative effects, but it would be nice to have wider confirmation of that. It would also be great to get this merged, which should be doable enough given the brevity of the patch.
neozeed

Post by neozeed »

I haven't seen the patch, but thanks for mentioning it! I've had some weird mouse issue crop up a few times where it won't hide the OS mouse, and running winodws on windows gets confusing as to which is which... Although I have no idea what triggered it as I never entered fullscreen.

But I can apply it and test.
ecksemmess

Post by ecksemmess »

By all means, give it a try--I personally have only had the issues after using fullscreen, but what you describe sounds very much like something that this patch might fix.
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Post by SarahWalker »

Committed in rev 331, sorry about how long it took for me to get round to this!
ecksemmess

Post by ecksemmess »

No worries, better late than never :)