[Patch] Compaq LTE

Post new patches here!
Post Reply
User avatar
dns2kv2
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun 19 Feb, 2017 3:30 am

[Patch] Compaq LTE

Post by dns2kv2 » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 11:51 am

tested against pcem latest commit 3d54cbb

Image
Attachments
PCem-Compaq-LTE.patch
(4.36 KiB) Downloaded 57 times

User avatar
Tux
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu 03 May, 2018 6:36 pm
Location: Germany

Re: [Patch] Compaq LTE

Post by Tux » Tue 15 May, 2018 7:41 pm

I successfully applied this patch, thanks :-)

One question:
Could you tell me which version of COMPAQ DIAGNOSTICS you used to get screen shot #2 ("The Compaq (R) Personal Computer Diagnostics")?
I tried "SETUP/DIAGNOSTICS Version 8.00 DP256" 720K (3.5 Inch floppy) from Softpaq sp0308;
however setup.exe throws an error message in funny english ("SETUP not applicable for this type machine").
inspect works, but the inspection screen looks different from yours in screenshot #2.

The sp0308.txt file states that Version 8.00 DP256 is compatible with COMPAQ LTE, though...

Thanks, Frank

User avatar
dns2kv2
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun 19 Feb, 2017 3:30 am

Re: [Patch] Compaq LTE

Post by dns2kv2 » Wed 16 May, 2018 3:56 pm

https://www.pcjs.org/disks/pcx86/diags/compaq/5.08/
Tux wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 7:41 pm
I successfully applied this patch, thanks :-)

One question:
Could you tell me which version of COMPAQ DIAGNOSTICS you used to get screen shot #2 ("The Compaq (R) Personal Computer Diagnostics")?
I tried "SETUP/DIAGNOSTICS Version 8.00 DP256" 720K (3.5 Inch floppy) from Softpaq sp0308;
however setup.exe throws an error message in funny english ("SETUP not applicable for this type machine").
inspect works, but the inspection screen looks different from yours in screenshot #2.

The sp0308.txt file states that Version 8.00 DP256 is compatible with COMPAQ LTE, though...

Thanks, Frank

User avatar
Tux
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu 03 May, 2018 6:36 pm
Location: Germany

Re: [Patch] Compaq LTE

Post by Tux » Wed 16 May, 2018 5:30 pm

Thanks for your reply and the link - that's what I was looking for :)

User avatar
ppgrainbow
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu 04 Sep, 2014 7:03 am
Contact:

Re: [Patch] Compaq LTE

Post by ppgrainbow » Thu 17 May, 2018 2:34 am

Didn't the Compaq LTE use a blueish grayscale CGA display with 4 shades of gray? The Compaq LTE 286 did use a grayscale VGA display with 16 shades of gray also. It's been mentioned a lot everywhere. :p

User avatar
dns2kv2
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun 19 Feb, 2017 3:30 am

Re: [Patch] Compaq LTE

Post by dns2kv2 » Thu 17 May, 2018 2:05 pm

it's just a simple generic patch to see if Compaq LTE can run with a minimum code in PCem.
its hard to write a complete patch for a whole single machine, especially from scratch.
ppgrainbow wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 2:34 am
Didn't the Compaq LTE use a blueish grayscale CGA display with 4 shades of gray? The Compaq LTE 286 did use a grayscale VGA display with 16 shades of gray also. It's been mentioned a lot everywhere. :p

User avatar
ppgrainbow
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu 04 Sep, 2014 7:03 am
Contact:

Re: [Patch] Compaq LTE

Post by ppgrainbow » Thu 17 May, 2018 7:22 pm

dns2kv2 wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 2:05 pm
it's just a simple generic patch to see if Compaq LTE can run with a minimum code in PCem.
its hard to write a complete patch for a whole single machine, especially from scratch.
ppgrainbow wrote:
Thu 17 May, 2018 2:34 am
Didn't the Compaq LTE use a blueish grayscale CGA display with 4 shades of gray? The Compaq LTE 286 did use a grayscale VGA display with 16 shades of gray also. It's been mentioned a lot everywhere. :p
Thank you for explaining this.

Post Reply