Discussion about SCSI

Discussion of development and patch submission.
SA1988

Discussion about SCSI

Post by SA1988 »

Well, I know it will not be featured in time for the v10 release, but I think a discussion about it as an optional patch should be allowed :).
At the current time, I'm still working on SCSI CD-ROM emulation for NT 3.1 with the Adaptec 1540 (plain 1540, not 1540A, B, C or CF, so no S/G).
ppgrainbow

Re: Discussion about SCSI

Post by ppgrainbow »

SA1988 wrote:Well, I know it will not be featured in time for the v10 release, but I think a discussion about it as an optional patch should be allowed :).
At the current time, I'm still working on SCSI CD-ROM emulation for NT 3.1 with the Adaptec 1540 (plain 1540, not 1540A, B, C or CF, so no S/G).
SCSI emulation would be good even though it will not be featured in v10.For a start, SCSI CD-ROM is an optional especially since I'm running the Award SiS 496/497 machine with all four hard drives taking each slot.

What about support for SCSI hard disks? That's something that should be considered in the near future.
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Post by SarahWalker »

If it's of any use I do have some basic SCSI HD code that I wrote for other projects.
neozeed

Post by neozeed »

I borrowed the scsi disk code from Previous, it was surprisingly easy to integrate with Basilisk II.
SA1988

Post by SA1988 »

neozeed wrote:I borrowed the scsi disk code from Previous, it was surprisingly easy to integrate with Basilisk II.
hmm, I see Previous lacks some commands for the SCSI CD-ROM, like Read TOC (0x43).
neozeed

Post by neozeed »

SA1988 wrote:
neozeed wrote:I borrowed the scsi disk code from Previous, it was surprisingly easy to integrate with Basilisk II.
hmm, I see Previous lacks some commands for the SCSI CD-ROM, like Read TOC (0x43).
Yeah, NeXTSTEP CD's aren't ISO 9660, they are UFS so there is no TOC to read. I added some other functionality, namely the Apple OEM string thing and some other stuff I forget offhand. I wanted to use some library that can read a bunch of CD rom dump formats but I got distracted... and here I am...