[REQUEST] Adaptec AHA-2940U SCSI Emulation

Discussion of development and patch submission.
Windows9xFan

[REQUEST] Adaptec AHA-2940U SCSI Emulation

Post by Windows9xFan »

That PCI SCSI adapter from Adaptec (apparently) introduced the ability to boot from CD-ROMs.
I'm your biggest fan, Windows 9x series of operating systems!
dhu

Re: [REQUEST] Adaptec AHA-2940U SCSI Emulation

Post by dhu »

Old post, but also valid for me.

I would need the adapter emulated because I have a hard disk image with already installed UnixWare 2.1.2 on it and it is taken from a machine that had the disk connected to that adapter (with SCSI BIOS).

If anyone has any other idea or hint how I could get this image to work, I would really appreciate it.
Arjen42

Re: [REQUEST] Adaptec AHA-2940U SCSI Emulation

Post by Arjen42 »

Do you still have the machine? (Or at least the HBA?) That might be needed to dump the SCSI BIOS. (Do NOT post the dump on this forum. Talk with the developers first.)

What file system does the image have? May be it could be mounted (read only) in Linux or other OS. (Including UnixWare itself.) PCem may or may not be the right tool for this.

If the data is critical (it would be a liability if not) it could be recovered by a data recovery company. That would be pricey, but not so much as a physical recovery, as the disk image is already recovered.

If it is more like sentimental value, or a hobby project, good luck but don't expect to much from this. You might get some useful or interesting info on https://www.os2museum.com/wp/ (This website is not only about OS/2.)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.