Tandy 1100FD BIOS and Panasonic Business Partner 150

Discussion of development and patch submission.
hexbus

Tandy 1100FD BIOS and Panasonic Business Partner 150

Post by hexbus »

I managed to dump the BIOS and Option ROMs of these two systems - (specs here: http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/4976/Tandy-1100FD-Laptop-Computer/)

Tandy 1100 main thread: [Moderator : link removed]
(Has Main ROM and Option ROM posted. Posts 1 and 3).

Business Partner 150 main thread: [Moderator : link removed]
The main rom is in post #1 and the option rom is at the bottom of this thread: [Moderator : link removed]

This hopefully will be an easy set of systems to add. Same hardware; just different ROMs.
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Re: Tandy 1100FD BIOS and Panasonic Business Partner 150

Post by SarahWalker »

Please do NOT post links to copyrighted material.
hexbus

Post by hexbus »

First, I do apologize. Secondly, what is the proper way to engage the developers for this system, then? I'm asking because I've searched, and I can't find out how to properly contribute the systems so that emulation could be built for them.
Cheez

Post by Cheez »

I think people are usually expected to do the legwork themselves. Might be wrong, but that sounds like the safest way to interpret it.
hexbus

Post by hexbus »

Cheez wrote: Tue 03 Mar, 2020 2:46 am I think people are usually expected to do the legwork themselves. Might be wrong, but that sounds like the safest way to interpret it.
I'm just an electronics geek and vintage computer restoration guy (Atlanta Historical Computing Society) - I know how to deal with getting the ROMs extracted, the systems repaired, etc, and figured this community might be interested in them, because it was one that wasn't really "out there" yet. I wish I had development skills, but, alas, I don't - just an engineering degree.

I apologize - I just figured the community would be excited to get something that hasn't been really out there yet.

-jg
Cheez

Post by Cheez »

Well, you could always try contacting someone who makes these sort of patches, I guess. It's just that it's a rule that you can't really go around posting material that isn't legally distributable.