nightly builds

Discussion of development and patch submission.
banjosteve

nightly builds

Post by banjosteve »

Hi guys

Been following this emulator for a while and i think to help have more community involvement outside the dev circle it might be nice to have some form of nightly builds or at least dev drops. These will be for non-tech people to be able to run it and report any other bugs.

Maybe a forum post on how to right a simple and concise bug report would be useful to go with it?
neozeed

Re: nightly builds

Post by neozeed »

I build with TDM-GCC & Msys.. It's nothing too special. if you have the path setup right it's just make -f makefile.mingw
banjosteve

Post by banjosteve »

is there a guide on this site on how to set this up?
leilei

Post by leilei »

I use GCC 4.7.2 to compile mine. I don't bother with the Msys
Sammy75

Post by Sammy75 »

Good work for Pcem so far. *thumbs up*

It would be great if there Binaries from newer versions or testing versions.

Is it planed to better suppurt 3dfx and Networking?
I think many people still waiting for these features.
Orchidsworn

Post by Orchidsworn »

Yeah Networking would be wonderful I want that second most of all functions. First most would be a virtual gamepad mapping system. So we could pass through modern gamepads to put in compatible button presses. Right now I can map them to keys easy enough, but not much luck with anything analog. Even if current machines that can be emulated don't have a whole lot of use for that outside of maybe flight games and the earliest of 3D platformers and maybe some racing games.
Alegend45

Post by Alegend45 »

Orchidsworn wrote:Yeah Networking would be wonderful I want that second most of all functions. First most would be a virtual gamepad mapping system. So we could pass through modern gamepads to put in compatible button presses. Right now I can map them to keys easy enough, but not much luck with anything analog. Even if current machines that can be emulated don't have a whole lot of use for that outside of maybe flight games and the earliest of 3D platformers and maybe some racing games.
PCem-mooch supports networking, and so does OBattler's PCem-experimental.