PCem build guide

Discussion of development and patch submission.
jznomoney

Re: PCem build guide

Postby jznomoney » Thu 10 Aug, 2017 7:06 pm

is there a way to build the wxwidgets port for windows?
ChronicEel93

Postby ChronicEel93 » Tue 19 Sep, 2017 3:25 pm

jznomoney wrote:is there a way to build the wxwidgets port for windows?

get the headers and lib files from this site: https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/ ... tag/v3.1.0
they will be in separate archives. Get wxWidgets-3.1.0-headers and wxMSW-3.1.0_gcc510TDM_Dev. Copy the headers to the include folder from the first one, and the libs from the second one. It should get wx working. Network fails for me though, even with pcap libs installed, so keep an eye out for that :P! As a side note when building WX, you don't need directx libs to build.
ChronicEel93

Postby ChronicEel93 » Tue 19 Sep, 2017 5:19 pm

I can build succesfully, but whenever I try to run it it asks for dlls. I can find most of them laying about the mingw directory, and I can get the rest from the pcem download, but the Openal32.dll throws an error. No idea where to get a working version.
dreamer

Postby dreamer » Tue 19 Sep, 2017 7:39 pm

I think you can get one in the official PCem download.
omarsis81

Postby omarsis81 » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 3:36 pm

Hey dreamer! As you know, I was able to to compile PCem with your magnificent guide with MingW =)
Now, I wish to make patches tu submit to Sarah. I understand I need to use "hg diff"
I read this https://globulation2.org/index.php?titl ... oldid=5834 but I wasn't successful
Any help?
dreamer

Postby dreamer » Thu 21 Sep, 2017 3:22 pm

If you are using MinGW I suppose you are on Windows. Get TortoiseHG (https://tortoisehg.bitbucket.io/), it's easier than command line tools.
omarsis81

Postby omarsis81 » Thu 21 Sep, 2017 3:57 pm

Thank you once again dreamer!
A. Naim

Postby A. Naim » Thu 21 Sep, 2017 6:30 pm

Edit: Figured it out while following the guide. The first set is parent packages; the second set is sub-packages. You may want to clarify it, as it may be confusing to people new to mingw see what looks like the same thing twice.

This was asked before, but I don't know if it was explained, and I'm confused about it myself.

Why do the instructions say to install "mingw32-gcc-g++" and then remove the same item?
Open up the installer and mark these for installation from the "Basic Setup":
> mingw-developer-tools
> mingw32-base
> mingw32-gcc-g++
> msys-base

!! IMPORTANT !! Actually install marked packages by selecting "Apply changes".

Mark these for removal in "All packages" (bin, lic, src variants):
> mingw32-gcc
> mingw32-gcc-g++

Apply changes.
Zilog

Postby Zilog » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi Dreamer
thanks a lot for this guide.

I's possbile upgrade guide with the wxwidgets and sdl libray?

Thanks a lot.
By Zilog.
ChronicEel93

Postby ChronicEel93 » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 9:27 pm

Any help for building with network support AND WX? Every time I try to build Makefile.mingw-wx-sdl2-network mingw errors out on wx-hostconfig.c . Any help with that would be nice. I do have both WX and PCap libs, and I can build a wx version without networking, but i cant do both.

here is log:
In file included from c:\mingw\include\pcap\pcap.h:54:0,
from c:\mingw\include\pcap.h:45,
from wx-hostconfig.c:7:
c:\mingw\include\stdio.h:345:12: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '__mingw__snprintf'
extern int __mingw_stdio_redirect__(snprintf)(char*, size_t, const char*, ...);
^
c:\mingw\include\stdio.h:349:12: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '__mingw__vsnprintf'
extern int __mingw_stdio_redirect__(vsnprintf)(char*, size_t, const char*, __VALIST);
^
make: *** [wx-hostconfig.o] Error 1
A. Naim

Postby A. Naim » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 11:15 pm

ChronicEel93 wrote:Any help for building with network support AND WX? Every time I try to build Makefile.mingw-wx-sdl2-network mingw errors out on wx-hostconfig.c . Any help with that would be nice. I do have both WX and PCap libs, and I can build a wx version without networking, but i cant do both.

here is log:
In file included from c:\mingw\include\pcap\pcap.h:54:0,
from c:\mingw\include\pcap.h:45,
from wx-hostconfig.c:7:
c:\mingw\include\stdio.h:345:12: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '__mingw__snprintf'
extern int __mingw_stdio_redirect__(snprintf)(char*, size_t, const char*, ...);
^
c:\mingw\include\stdio.h:349:12: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '__mingw__vsnprintf'
extern int __mingw_stdio_redirect__(vsnprintf)(char*, size_t, const char*, __VALIST);
^
make: *** [wx-hostconfig.o] Error 1

That looks like a code error, not a makefile error. So it should probably go in its own thread; but I'm not a mod or anyone official. :) And I don't know the codebase, either; I just have some familiarity with C++.
jznomoney

Postby jznomoney » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 10:38 pm

Can someone post an updated guide to build pcem under windows with wxwidgets?
BoisterousSleet75

Postby BoisterousSleet75 » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 11:47 pm

jznomoney wrote:Can someone post an updated guide to build pcem under windows with wxwidgets?

Yeah, I would like to see someone posts an updated guide to build PCem under Windows with wxWidgets.
aka "bsleet75"

Return to “Development”