[Request] Screenshot

Discussion of development and patch submission.
omarsis81

[Request] Screenshot

Postby omarsis81 » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:37 pm

I'd like to bring to Sarah's consideration the idea of implementing a built-in screenshot option for PCem.
The old "print screen" key doesn't work in full screen and it's kinda cumbersome to paste the image into an image editor.
I was thinking of using FRAPS but it doesn't work with Glide...

It would be awesome to be playing in full screen mode and have a screen captured by pressing the print screen key and have it automatically saved to the hard disk (png or bmp would be great)
ecksemmess

Re: [Request] Screenshot

Postby ecksemmess » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:43 pm

This could be cool, but would definitely have to be implemented as a disable-able option, so as not to interfere with PrntScrn key functionality within the emulated system itself. Although I suppose it might be possible to have PCem run a handler that captures the screenshot and then just passes the keypress along to the emulated system, so maybe it wouldn't be an issue after all?
omarsis81

Re: [Request] Screenshot

Postby omarsis81 » Mon 17 Jul, 2017 9:26 am

Sorry to bring this up again, but I'd really find this useful and I think Battler has already implemented it.
Also, BMP format is very easy to work with... although any other format is welcome too (PNG would be terrific as it is compressed and lossless)
Anyway, Battler: would you be kind enough to submit your code for this?

Thank you all

Return to “Development”