PCEM build fails when building both WX and networking

Discussion of development and patch submission.
ChronicEel93

PCEM build fails when building both WX and networking

Post by ChronicEel93 »

I can get pcem to build with networking enabled. I can also get pcem to build with wx and sdl enabled. I cannot, however get it to build with both wx and networking enabled. That makes me pretty sad, love using shaders, and networking would be the cherry on top.
It fails on wxhostconfig.c every time. Building with mingw on 64 bit windows.
Log follows:
In file included from c:\mingw\include\pcap\pcap.h:54:0,
from c:\mingw\include\pcap.h:45,
from wx-hostconfig.c:7:
c:\mingw\include\stdio.h:345:12: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '__mingw__snprintf'
extern int __mingw_stdio_redirect__(snprintf)(char*, size_t, const char*, ...);
^
c:\mingw\include\stdio.h:349:12: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '__mingw__vsnprintf'
extern int __mingw_stdio_redirect__(vsnprintf)(char*, size_t, const char*, __VALIST);
^
make: *** [wx-hostconfig.o] Error 1
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Re: PCEM build fails when building both WX and networking

Post by SarahWalker »

Looks like a MingW / GCC issue. A quick google search resulted in this : https://forums.wxwidgets.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=43756, which may be helpful.
ChronicEel93

Post by ChronicEel93 »

Ok, swiched to TDM-GCC compiler and it goes further now, but it's still getting stuck on something. I've been trying to search for an awnser by myself, but I have had no luck so far. Here is the log.
windres.exe -Ie:/mingwget/include/wx//../ -i wx.rc --input-format=rc -o wx.res -O coff
windres.exe: can't open cursor file `wx/msw/hand.cur': No such file or directory
Makefile.mingw-wx-sdl2-network:62: recipe for target 'wx.res' failed
mingw32-make: *** [wx.res] Error 1
ChronicEel93

Post by ChronicEel93 »

Finally got it working! Just had to change the WXINCLUDE directory in the Makefile! Everything works now!