[Patch] Cyrix M II

leilei

[Patch] Cyrix M II

Post by leilei »

Since the M II is quite literally a 6x86MX rebrand with better voltage/heat (according to all those CPU collection sites out there anyway), it was rather trivial to do this. It's mostly dupes of the higher 6x86MXs with that last CPUID bit changed to reflect "M II / IBM 6x86MX", done by trial and error. Windows 98 sees it as Cyrix M II.

HOWEVER!! I couldn't find any non-IBM 6x86MX beyond PR266, so I removed them off the list. I've also split the list to SS7 to have the higher end M IIs (M II 366-433)

I was tempted to add all the way up to M II-550 but that would be a bit too speculative. 433 exists somewhat, at least, and is also acknowledged on their motherboard compatibility list...

I should repeat the ID are guestimates, as I couldn't source any M II identification datasheets
Attachments
leilei-CxMII-1.patch
(10.37 KiB) Downloaded 607 times
leilei

Re: [Patch] Cyrix M II

Post by leilei »

Applying this patch to the recent tree, i've noticed the Wx UI has a hang when a Super7 board's picked with any Cyrix, not sure what went wrong there or if it's a badly applied patch.
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Re: [Patch] Cyrix M II

Post by SarahWalker »

Hang is probably because the CPU structure changed to add a field for FPU selection. I fixed this and committed at rev 1519.