Donations?

Support and general discussion.
shareware123

Donations?

Post by shareware123 »

Good morning from Florida! I was wondering if the devs have a Patreon account or a fund-raising page that I can donate to in order to support future development of PCem. I've used this software more than any other emulation program and think the team deserves some financial contributions for their great work. Seriously, awesome job!
rootfather

Re: Donations?

Post by rootfather »

Good morning from Germany!

Thanks Sarah and all contributors for this great emulator, brings back so many nostalgic feelings. A Pateron account would be a great idea!
Katakis

Post by Katakis »

Sarah has not committed to this emulator since August.
leilei

Post by leilei »

No recent commits != dead project
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Post by SarahWalker »

Most of my development is being done on a private dev branch, due to past history.
dreamer

Post by dreamer »

I don't remember exactly, but wasn't there a point against financial support, like it would become too much of a job, or give too much pressure? I'd be willing to donate montly, and others would, at the very least a small amount, but that's OK only if Sarah is OK with that.
ZoltanTheHun

Post by ZoltanTheHun »

Yes, patreon would be the most comfortable, but any other open would do. PCEM is worth the support!!
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Post by SarahWalker »

I've tried accepting donations in the past on another project (RPCemu). My experience was that it just put pressure on me to force myself to work on the project when I was burnt out, or otherwise not in a state to work on it. That's something I really don't want to happen again.
dreamer

Post by dreamer »

If you found that this way is better in the long term, then more power to you. Not everyone is able to carry such a big project for so long, so whatever feels right!