[PCemv15][MIDI][VirtualMidiSynth] How to Configure it to work?

Support and general discussion.
Dylldophlo

[PCemv15][MIDI][VirtualMidiSynth] How to Configure it to work?

Post by Dylldophlo »

Hello there,
after years of using VirtualPC2007 i was on internet research agian to find out if the SB-16 works now in VirtualBox.
But it looks so, that this little SB-16 never worked in VirtualPC.
No i'm here, i found this nice PCem Computer Simulator. WOW it is so amazing.

But i've some pronlems with it, the biggest is, that i dont can bring PCem to use for MIDI output the VirtualMidiSynth on my host System.
I use VirtualMidiSynth 2.7.3 and it works fine with all other applications (WINAMP and other MIDI Tools).

First i was Happy that i can choose VirtualMidiSynth as output device in the Sound Settings of SB-16 in the PCem configuration.
No Midi sound comes through VirtualMidiSynth.
But i can here MIDI Sound. It looks for me that the MIDI output from PCem go direkt to the WAVE output of my host.

Please help me to Configure this correct, i cant find a solution by myself. Thank you.

Config:
PCem v15 on Windows 7 (yes i know it, so please dont talk to me about this. because i never go to 10. I love this retro machine ;-))
VirtualMidiSynth 2.7.3 looped trough VB-Audio-Cable, SaviHost 1.43 with CS12M VST. (Yes, strange config, but with VirtualMidiSynth alone i have the same Problem)

Simulation:
ASUS P55TVP4 P133 64MB, Phoenix S3 Trio64, SB-16 (0x220, VirtualMidiSynth,DBOPL)
OS: M$-DO$ 6.20 with SB-16 driver CSP.SYS v 1.13, BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5 P330 T6, MIDI= SYNTH:1 MAP:E
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Re: [PCemv15][MIDI][VirtualMidiSynth] How to Configure it to work?

Post by SarahWalker »

What MIDI-using software are you running in PCem? Has it been configured to use General MIDI for output instead of Sound Blaster / Adlib?
Dylldophlo

Re: [PCemv15][MIDI][VirtualMidiSynth] How to Configure it to work?

Post by Dylldophlo »

I do my tests with the FM test of the SoundBlatter DIAGNOSE.EXE and Elite Plus, which only supports Adlib and Roland LAPC1. :lol:
:oops: MG, what a shame, I'm so stupid!
General MIDI, yes i remember. It's a long way to go after 20 years without DOS.
It works perfect. Thaks for your feedback, i remeber now.