Mouse sensitivity in Dungeon Keeper with PCem

Support and general discussion.
Post Reply
User avatar
Turaltay
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri 10 May, 2019 9:03 pm

Mouse sensitivity in Dungeon Keeper with PCem

Post by Turaltay » Mon 10 Feb, 2020 12:15 pm

Hello everyone,

i installed Dungeon Keeper on my Windows 98SE guest system.
The cursor moves very fast ingame and changing the mouse sensitivity settings in the game options didn't change something at all.
I have already set my mouse sensitivity to the lowest value in the windows settings but the result was just "ok".
Is this maybe because of the low game resolution and the mouse jumping from these "stretched" pixels?
Has someone else the same problem and is there a fix?

User avatar
omarsis81
Posts: 806
Joined: Thu 17 Dec, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Mouse sensitivity in Dungeon Keeper with PCem

Post by omarsis81 » Mon 10 Feb, 2020 8:20 pm

I'm running the game in a 486/66 under DOS 6.22 and the mouse is perfect.
If the problem is because is running under Windows, I bet it is real behavior

User avatar
Turaltay
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri 10 May, 2019 9:03 pm

Re: Mouse sensitivity in Dungeon Keeper with PCem

Post by Turaltay » Mon 10 Feb, 2020 10:21 pm

omarsis81 wrote:
Mon 10 Feb, 2020 8:20 pm
I'm running the game in a 486/66 under DOS 6.22 and the mouse is perfect.
If the problem is because is running under Windows, I bet it is real behavior
I tried it in Dosbox and it works fine there.
I don't understand why this happens in Windows 98.

User avatar
omarsis81
Posts: 806
Joined: Thu 17 Dec, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Mouse sensitivity in Dungeon Keeper with PCem

Post by omarsis81 » Mon 10 Feb, 2020 11:00 pm

Try with the other mouse available in PCem

Cheez
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue 19 Dec, 2017 4:08 am

Re: Mouse sensitivity in Dungeon Keeper with PCem

Post by Cheez » Mon 10 Feb, 2020 11:53 pm

Turaltay wrote:
Mon 10 Feb, 2020 10:21 pm
omarsis81 wrote:
Mon 10 Feb, 2020 8:20 pm
I'm running the game in a 486/66 under DOS 6.22 and the mouse is perfect.
If the problem is because is running under Windows, I bet it is real behavior
I tried it in Dosbox and it works fine there.
I don't understand why this happens in Windows 98.
"dosbox" or "dos"? Important distinction.

User avatar
Turaltay
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri 10 May, 2019 9:03 pm

Re: Mouse sensitivity in Dungeon Keeper with PCem

Post by Turaltay » Tue 11 Feb, 2020 7:55 am

Cheez wrote:
Mon 10 Feb, 2020 11:53 pm
Turaltay wrote:
Mon 10 Feb, 2020 10:21 pm
omarsis81 wrote:
Mon 10 Feb, 2020 8:20 pm
I'm running the game in a 486/66 under DOS 6.22 and the mouse is perfect.
If the problem is because is running under Windows, I bet it is real behavior
I tried it in Dosbox and it works fine there.
I don't understand why this happens in Windows 98.
"dosbox" or "dos"? Important distinction.
First i tried to install and play it in dos with the dos installer of the game but the mouse sensitivity was the same.
After that i tried it with the program Dosbox and the mouse sensitivity was fine.

User avatar
Turaltay
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri 10 May, 2019 9:03 pm

Re: Mouse sensitivity in Dungeon Keeper with PCem

Post by Turaltay » Tue 11 Feb, 2020 7:56 am

omarsis81 wrote:
Mon 10 Feb, 2020 11:00 pm
Try with the other mouse available in PCem
Tried that too. Nothing changed.

Post Reply