Sound lag with Full Tilt! Pinball and Windows 98 SE

Support and general discussion.
Turaltay

Sound lag with Full Tilt! Pinball and Windows 98 SE

Post by Turaltay »

Hello everyone,

i use the new v16 version of PCem and installed a Windows 98 SE guest system on it.
Most things work fine but i have a problem with the game Full Tilt! Pinball.
I have audio lag with some stuttering and skipping beats of the music, other games work fine.
Does somebody else have a Windows 98 SE guest system installed with this game and the same problem?
Is it fixable?
I already tried to play with the buffer length but it didn't help.
This is my machine:

Board:
Machine: [Socket 7] Award 430VC PCI / [Socket 7] Shuttle HOT-557
CPU: Intel Pentium MMX 233
Memory: 128 MB

Graphic
Device: S3 ViRGE/DX
Speed: Fast VLB/PCI
Voodoo Graphics: checked
Voodoo type: Voodoo 2
Framebuffer memory size: 4 MB
Texture memory size: 4 MB

Sound
Device: Sound Blaster 16
tr.StEalTH

Re: Sound lag with Full Tilt! Pinball and Windows 98 SE

Post by tr.StEalTH »

Maybe set the cpu speed to 100 and try it.. If that works for you try going up a little.
Turaltay

Post by Turaltay »

tr.StEalTH wrote: Tue 12 May, 2020 7:57 pm Maybe set the cpu speed to 100 and try it.. If that works for you try going up a little.
Sorry for the stupid question, but how can i set the cpu speed to 100?
tr.StEalTH

Post by tr.StEalTH »

Sorry no one has helped you with this. I'm not the guy here, I only check the forums now and then. But you set the speed the same way you set it to pentium mmx 233 "pcem configuration manager, click configure, look for CPU and click drop box. add whatever CPU you want to test with." Some games can really put a load on the 200+ chips that maybe your computer can't keep up with :)
Turaltay

Post by Turaltay »

tr.StEalTH wrote: Wed 13 May, 2020 11:58 pm Sorry no one has helped you with this. I'm not the guy here, I only check the forums now and then. But you set the speed the same way you set it to pentium mmx 233 "pcem configuration manager, click configure, look for CPU and click drop box. add whatever CPU you want to test with." Some games can really put a load on the 200+ chips that maybe your computer can't keep up with :)
Thank you! This seems to help. I changed it to MMX 166. Means i need a better PC for the future.