PCEM Reference Guide?

Support and general discussion.
Keatah

PCEM Reference Guide?

Post by Keatah »

Hi. I'm relatively new to PCEM but old hat at emulators. Love the ongoing work being done with it.

Is there a reference guide for PCEM? A faq? Like something that would list the naming of the folders where the bios roms go? Something that lists limitations and things like that?
JosepMa

Re: PCEM Reference Guide?

Post by JosepMa »

The readme.txt file includes the names and relative paths of the roms supported, relative to the "roms" folder.
There are a few threads on the boards that talk about applications that work, but I don't know of a detailed list of limitations (Note that some things perceived as limitations are actually how it was with actual hardware).
omarsis81

Post by omarsis81 »

You have the readme.txt here https://bitbucket.org/pcem_emulator/pcem/src/default/readme.txt which is the only documentation AFAIK.
Like JosepMa said, there you have the bios names you need and you can also look at the source code for the name files.

As for the limitations I guess you kinda know the hardware beforehand, like you can put 4MB of RAM in a XT machine or 8 GB in a 286... or installing the Voodoo card in a motherboard without PCI slots (pre 486), but there are not many restrictions.
Keatah

Post by Keatah »

Ok. Very good.
Neville

Post by Neville »

Keatah

Post by Keatah »

Love it!