No CD audio For Aztech Sound Galaxy

Support and general discussion.
DevanDrake99

No CD audio For Aztech Sound Galaxy

Post by DevanDrake99 »

I'm having a problem running Tuneland (which is bundled with the Packard Bell Master CD btw). Most of the audio, including characters, and worst of all, the songs are missing. It's like copyright on YouTube.
The sound card I'm using is not a Sound Blaster, which is a possible solution to play that game. I'm using an Aztec Sound Galaxy Pro Washington card, which is a built in driver in the master CD. There's still other sound effects working like hidden surprises, but the characters' dialog is muted. Do I need Sound Blaster 16 to run this game?
Last edited by DevanDrake99 on Wed 26 Aug, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
omarsis81

Re: No CD audio on Tuneland

Post by omarsis81 »

Are you using a BIN/CUE image or ISO? Are you 100% positive the image has the audio tracks?
DevanDrake99

Post by DevanDrake99 »

They are the both BIN and CUE images. The BIN runs the game with no sound with non-CD SFX. Plus, the Tuneland's extra program for listening the audio CD pops up the "Please insert the Tuneland CD-ROM and then press OK." message. The CUE image runs the CD audio and the popup message is gone, but no music playing. I even used the real audio CD (not the Tuneland CD) via the host CD/DVD drive, it slows down the emulation below 25% (which is normal for real audio CDs if it's not compatible with my current CPU I'm using), it normally plays music, but it stutters because of the incompatible CPU. When I use the one with the Aztec sound card, there was no sound while playing CD music even though my CPU is stuttering.
DevanDrake99

Post by DevanDrake99 »

I tested it with the Sound Blaster 16 card, and have no problems. However, now I'm having graphical issues in-game, but I can figure it out myself. Thank you. Tuneland is an audio CD based game. I've assumed it's a sound card issue. They need to fix the Aztec Sound 16 no CD audio bug for later PCem versions.
DevanDrake99

Post by DevanDrake99 »

Btw. I'm running that game on another machine. A non-Packard Bell machine for testing purposes.
DevanDrake99

Post by DevanDrake99 »

Discussion continues from the link below...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3533
omarsis81

Post by omarsis81 »

DevanDrake99 wrote: Tue 25 Aug, 2020 7:22 pm Btw. I'm running that game on another machine. A non-Packard Bell machine for testing purposes.
Another machine with the SB16 works? Try that to see where is the problem
DevanDrake99

Re: No CD audio For Aztec Sound Galaxy

Post by DevanDrake99 »

The CODEC I was using was CS4248, the "Raise CODEC interrupt on CODEC setup (needed by some drivers)" was unchecked, the SB Address was default, MIDI out devise was default, and the OPL emulator was default. As a result, no CD audio. I switched the CODED to CS4231, and checked the "Raise CODEC interrupt on CODEC setup (needed by some drivers)", it fixed the problem. Though, the raise CODEC interrupt didn't needed to be checked.

To make the CD audio work, the CODEC must be set at CS4231.
EluanCM

Re: No CD audio For Aztech Sound Galaxy

Post by EluanCM »

These cards came with both codecs and the drivers are tailored for either of them, without any sort of detection that I could see when implementing. So anyone using these cards should check the physical card to see which codec the driver expects.