Mouse Issues?

Support and general discussion.
CryptidWorks

Mouse Issues?

Post by CryptidWorks »

One ongoing thing I've noticed in PCEM is issues with the mouse movement feeling weird like the acceleration or scaling isn't quite right. At least in Windows 98SE.

Is there a fix or setting for that I'm missing?
A. Naim

Re: Mouse Issues?

Post by A. Naim »

CryptidWorks wrote: Sun 27 Dec, 2020 12:13 am One ongoing thing I've noticed in PCEM is issues with the mouse movement feeling weird like the acceleration or scaling isn't quite right. At least in Windows 98SE.

Did mouse acceleration exist in Win98? you might want to turn it on/off.
leilei

Post by leilei »

It's in Win9X (HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Mouse\ MouseSpeed). Windows 2000 and Me had options to adjust/disable acceleration (and XP would later jam this into a "Enhance pointer precision" checkbox)
CryptidWorks

Post by CryptidWorks »

A. Naim wrote: Mon 28 Dec, 2020 6:23 am
CryptidWorks wrote: Sun 27 Dec, 2020 12:13 am One ongoing thing I've noticed in PCEM is issues with the mouse movement feeling weird like the acceleration or scaling isn't quite right. At least in Windows 98SE.

leilei wrote: Mon 28 Dec, 2020 7:51 am It's in Win9X (HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Mouse\ MouseSpeed). Windows 2000 and Me had options to adjust/disable acceleration (and XP would later jam this into a "Enhance pointer precision" checkbox)

I will have to try that next I boot up PCEM because it never even occurred to me that Windows 98 might have a mouse acceleration option that's causing conflicts since I haven't used since I was a kid like 20 years ago
CryptidWorks

Post by CryptidWorks »

CryptidWorks wrote: Mon 28 Dec, 2020 11:25 am
A. Naim wrote: Mon 28 Dec, 2020 6:23 am

leilei wrote: Mon 28 Dec, 2020 7:51 am It's in Win9X (HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Mouse\ MouseSpeed). Windows 2000 and Me had options to adjust/disable acceleration (and XP would later jam this into a "Enhance pointer precision" checkbox)

I will have to try that next I boot up PCEM because it never even occurred to me that Windows 98 might have a mouse acceleration option that's causing conflicts since I haven't used since I was a kid like 20 years ago

I turned mouse speed clear down and though it isn't perfect it helped quite a bit