Help Configuring xi8088 - Upper Memory and CGA Composite

Support and general discussion.
mothergoose729

Help Configuring xi8088 - Upper Memory and CGA Composite

Post by mothergoose729 »

DOS 6.22

PCem configuration attached.

I am using Use!UMBs version 2.2 and not matter what addresses I give it, DOS will hang after Use!UMBS initializes.

I consulted the Sergey's documentation for UMB on that platform but I can't seem to get it right. I am using a TSENG ET4000AX, which does take up some of the upper memory, but I think that is mapped to a different spot, and also an XT-IDE, which according to the post screen in someplace around C800. I moved my memory range to D000 - EFFF and it hangs. I tried some other combinations, and even tried using the monotech bios with its documented UMBs and that didn't work either.

Another thing I want to try is composite CGA mode, but I am not sure if it is supported in mainline PCem. Is that possible? How would I get it working?

Thanks!
Attachments
xi8088.cfg
(1.73 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
EluanCM

Re: Help Configuring xi8088 - Upper Memory and CGA Composite

Post by EluanCM »

I never sent a patch for implementing the UMB dip switches, thanks for remembering me. The only UMB that TEST!UMBs would see would be the VGA RAM. Not sure if PCem would default the UMB region to RAM, Sarah would know this but I guess not.

For CGA composite, you should get the relevant settings by clicking the configuration button when selecting the CGA under the video adapter configuration.
mothergoose729

Re: Help Configuring xi8088 - Upper Memory and CGA Composite

Post by mothergoose729 »

oh, good I am not losing my mind then :P. There isn't a whole lot of use for an 8088 with 600k+ of conventional memory but it would be fun to try it.

I found the composite setting, thank you!