Wont boot

Support and general discussion.
LakiFnafBoi

Wont boot

Post by LakiFnafBoi »

When i boot from my win98 iso it gives me the error:DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.I allready tried all the solutions, but it still gives me this error
tr.StEalTH

Re: Wont boot

Post by tr.StEalTH »

you can't boot a 98 iso you need a 98 boot disk.img then run the 98 iso from dos cmd line
LakiFnafBoi

Post by LakiFnafBoi »

how to do that?
tr.StEalTH

Post by tr.StEalTH »

google installing 98 lots of step by step info on the net
tk421

Post by tk421 »

One option would be to use DOS as a means to install Win98 without a boot disk, unless you have one handy.

If you have DOS, you can install that on a 2gb VM in PCem. Once DOS is installed, you need to install CD-ROM drivers, preferably from the 1996-1998 era. If you have an old CD-ROM driver CD or diskette handy that will help a lot.

Once your CD-ROM drivers are installed in DOS, then you can install Windows 98 without a boot disk as DOS has done much of the work of a boot disk for you already. Once Win98 is installed on your 2gb emulated hard drive in PCem, then you can make a virtual floppy disk in PCem and produce a virtual boot disk from Windows 98. With your new boot disk you can then set up a new Win98 VM with a larger hard drive.

tk421