Post by tk421 »

Nice video!

Only thing missing for the young people watching today,

"This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down."

Fun times.
creopard

Re: PCem in Linus Tech Tips

Post by creopard »

This will hopefully boost PCem's public awareness and that there's an alternative to DosBox or virtual machines.
hex

Post by hex »

It already has an effect! Personally, I've been aware of PCem before, but haven't paid close attention in a while. Seeing it pop up on LTT gave me a good excuse to check it out again, and possibly see if I can help out.
In the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.
NiagaraMike

Post by NiagaraMike »

It brought me here. I've been looking for a way to get the original Cossacks game multiplayer back for a quite a bit now. Once I saw his vid I went immediately here. Had no idea this existed. As a fan of emulators and old games this is going to be great!
l05t50ul

Post by l05t50ul »

was watching random videos and saw the title and thought why not and clicked on video. though it features the emulator, but doesn't exactly show how to set it up, but i'm slowly learning or relearning how the PCs were like back then
Arjen42

Post by Arjen42 »

l05t50ul wrote: Thu 16 Mar, 2023 10:01 pm was watching random videos and saw the title and thought why not and clicked on video. though it features the emulator, but doesn't exactly show how to set it up, but i'm slowly learning or relearning how the PCs were like back then
Yeah, that's what PCem is all about. Playing older games is just an afterthought. :D
tk421

Post by tk421 »

Before yesterday I had not used PCem for months. PCem is still amazing. This video covers PCem fairly well, and serves as a good intro to one of the best virtualization/emulation solutions out there.