Croc The legend of Gobbos Crashes on Windows 98/95

Support and general discussion.
vintagegameQT

Croc The legend of Gobbos Crashes on Windows 98/95

Post by vintagegameQT »

Hi, I set up a Windows 98 machine with Pentium 150 and voodoo3 graphics it runs NFSIISe Gfxe just fine but Croc crashes after showing the fox logo, it doesn't even run in software mode. I tried using the official and third party drivers at no avail I don't think it's a driver issue. this also happen on the Windows 95 machine it the same exact way. any suggestion?
Greywolf

Re: Croc The legend of Gobbos Crashes on Windows 98/95

Post by Greywolf »

Look the game up on wiki there’s mention of mmx tech and 3d graphics of BRender might have to play around with the cpu or 3dfx settings don’t have a specific answer for you or play it on the PlayStation or sega Saturn emulator. That all I can give you to look into.
vintagegameQT

Post by vintagegameQT »

Greywolf wrote: Sun 10 Dec, 2023 9:58 pm Look the game up on wiki there’s mention of mmx tech and 3d graphics of BRender might have to play around with the cpu or 3dfx settings don’t have a specific answer for you or play it on the PlayStation or sega Saturn emulator. That all I can give you to look into.
could you give me the link to the wiki's page? I couldn't find any info on pcgamingwiki
vintagegameQT

Post by vintagegameQT »

update, the first release of the game works on software mode on both Windown 98 se and Windows 95 however other accelerator options give me a black screen, it was the second release of the game that kept crashing.
vintagegameQT

Post by vintagegameQT »

update 2, apparently PCem's implementation of Voodoo 3 is not perfect the game worked fine on 86Box with no issues, this was the only game that refused to work on PCem other games work very well