Installing Windows 95.

Support and general discussion.
WJCO1947

Installing Windows 95.

Post by WJCO1947 »

Hello I am New At This. And I Don't Know If This Is Off Topic But I Need Some Help To Install Windows 95 In Pcem. It Can Either Be A Step By Step Guide Or A Link To A Website With A Step By Step Guide. Please Help Me! I am Stuck! I am A Newbie!
Zacker

Re: Installing Windows 95.

Post by Zacker »

1. Make a drive image in PCem. Name this something distinctive, like OMGWTFCYKABLYAT.img or something. The most important part is that you name it with .img, as PCem dosen't do that on it's own.

2.Boot to a bootdisk. These boot you into a DOS environment. Use FDISK and FORMAT to partition and format the drive. This is where I got my bootdisk http://www.allbootdisks.com/downloads/D ... s98_SE.img

3.Use something like WinImage to copy the WIN95 folder of an original Windows 95(in 98's case its WIN98) into a temp directory. I personally use C:\WININST or C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS.

4.Boot into the bootdisk again, go to the C: drive, to the directory where you copied the files from the CD's WIN95 folder, and then type SETUP.EXE

5.Click next on everything. This is very similar to a modern Windows installation procedure. When prompted, remove the floppy image.

6.Type in your key when prompted. You need a legit key. My dad had a Compaq computer with a Win95OSR2 key, and my mother had a OEM copy of Win98 in her office lying around so I have access to Win95 and Win98 keys. I cannot tell you where to get keys, but a quick Google search should suffice.

7. You're done. Now just install your drivers.