PCem v11 mouse issues

Support and general discussion.
bandicootpower

PCem v11 mouse issues

Post by bandicootpower »

Hello,
I am using PCem v11 on my Windows 10 64-bit computer, and I'm having difficulties trying to use the mouse.
I've tried Windows 95 OSR2 and Windows 98SE, but every time I move the mouse, the cursor goes crazy in the emulated PC and I have difficulties clicking on pretty much everything.
Does anyone use 64-bit Windows 10 for PCem v11, and if so, did you have mouse issues? How would someone fix this?
omarsis81

Re: PCem v11 mouse issues

Post by omarsis81 »

bandicootpower wrote:Hello,
I am using PCem v11 on my Windows 10 64-bit computer, and I'm having difficulties trying to use the mouse.
I've tried Windows 95 OSR2 and Windows 98SE, but every time I move the mouse, the cursor goes crazy in the emulated PC and I have difficulties clicking on pretty much everything.
Does anyone use 64-bit Windows 10 for PCem v11, and if so, did you have mouse issues? How would someone fix this?
I noticed that in Windows 7, if you click the middle mouse button you can switch between real desktop and emulated desktop, but it doesn't work in Windows 8 (and probably Win 10). Maybe part of the same issue
bandicootpower

Post by bandicootpower »

omarsis81 wrote:
bandicootpower wrote:Hello,
I noticed that in Windows 7, if you click the middle mouse button you can switch between real desktop and emulated desktop, but it doesn't work in Windows 8 (and probably Win 10). Maybe part of the same issue
That doesn't work in Windows 10 either. I can go back to real desktop but can't switch to emulated desktop. Maybe a mouse driver issue in PCem or something with the weird cursor? Same thing happened in v10.1.
FredPJ

Post by FredPJ »

omarsis81 wrote:I noticed that in Windows 7, if you click the middle mouse button you can switch between real desktop and emulated desktop, but it doesn't work in Windows 8 (and probably Win 10). Maybe part of the same issue
Yeah, releasing the cursor with the middle mouse button doesn't work here in Windows 10 either.

By the way, would it be possible to change the release mouse key combination from Ctrl+End to the more accessible Ctrl+Alt (like in VMware Workstation)? I always spend a few seconds looking at the keyboard trying to find the End key after missing it, it gets annoying after a while.
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Post by SarahWalker »

I'll have a look into the middle mouse button issue, it's not something I've seen before.

My concern with the release mouse key combination is that it has to be something that the emulated OS / software isn't going to use, and I'm pretty sure Ctrl+Alt is used by some stuff. Might make it an option though.
ender

Post by ender »

Ctrl+Alt would be nice, since that's what VMWare uses. Note that capture/release only happens if you press and release Ctrl+Alt - if you use any other key together with them, release isn't done (also, this means that in VMWare at least the VM receives the Ctrl and Alt down scancodes before the keyboard/mouse is released).
omarsis81

Post by omarsis81 »

In my opinion, the best option would be to make the hotkey configurable.
bandicootpower

Post by bandicootpower »

This would be great, considering VMware uses Ctrl+Alt, however, does anyone know what causes the mouse cursor to go crazy issue yet? And if there's a possible solution?
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Post by SarahWalker »

Could you expand on 'crazy'? How is the mouse cursor behaving exactly?
bandicootpower

Post by bandicootpower »

SarahWalker wrote:Could you expand on 'crazy'? How is the mouse cursor behaving exactly?
What I mean is, every time I move the mouse, the cursor goes flying all over the place and I find a lot of difficulty in clicking on things. Whether it's Windows 95 OSR2 or Windows 98 SE, it just goes in a completely different direction. I hope you understand more of what I said previously.
ender

Post by ender »

That sounds like driver problem in the OS - cursor jumping around like that usually happens if the driver thinks it's a 2-button mouse, while it's getting data for 3 buttons (or vice-versa).
bandicootpower

Post by bandicootpower »

ender wrote:That sounds like driver problem in the OS - cursor jumping around like that usually happens if the driver thinks it's a 2-button mouse, while it's getting data for 3 buttons (or vice-versa).
That could be it, after all, my wireless mouse has a right and left click button, a scroll wheel and a previous and forward button on the left side (for browsing webpages and such). Maybe I should use my laptop's touchpad instead?
Lekendri

Post by Lekendri »

Could it be to do with the mouse control panel within the OS. Changing the speed as different mice seem to work at different speeds.
Just a thought as I have no issues with my 7 button mouse on Windows 10 x64
ender

Post by ender »

The host mouse doesn't matter - it's not passed directly to the guest. I think PCem emulates a two-button mouse, but if the OS for some reason thinks it's a 3-button one, you'll get jumping.
omarsis81

Post by omarsis81 »

Ok, I stand corrected. The releasing of the emulator to the host OS works fine with the press of the middle button on Windows 8.
It happens that I was using the Diablo III mouse with the default Windows driver, and pushing the middle button writes the character "v", now I installed the manufacturer's driver and works fine.

My bad, sorry :oops:
TheOligopolist

Post by TheOligopolist »

Middle mouse button release works fine for me on Windows 10.
ZeroX4

Post by ZeroX4 »

i did try PCem few days ago and i had same problem

at first Microsoft Intelimouse ps2 was working just fine then i had same issue like u guys and switching to 2-button mouse ps2 fixed the problem
so simple fix is go to PCem configuration and try different mouse type and that should fix problem