[Request] SCP (Supercard Pro) Support

Discussion of development and patch submission.
flyers80

[Request] SCP (Supercard Pro) Support

Post by flyers80 »

hi,
In the future there will be support for the scp format (Supercard Pro) to start disk images with copy protection?
Whether it is always possible to do so
A. Naim

Re: [Request] SCP (Supercard Pro) Support

Post by A. Naim »

Looks like a USB device. All that would be needed is a sufficient level of USB passthrough and the software for it.

Of course, "a small matter of..." rarely is a small matter. :)
ecksemmess

Post by ecksemmess »

I'm pretty sure flyers80 was talking about Supercard Pro format support on the host side, not the guest side. It's a floppy image format that samples disks at the flux level, similar to Kryoflux. I'm not sure exactly what's involved in adding support for those formats, but it kinda seems like way more trouble than it would be worth. Are there any known software titles that PCem currently can't run due to on-disk copy protection implemented at the flux level?
Battler

Post by Battler »

If you can, convert the SCP flux image to a FDI stream, which you can then mount on PCem.
flyers80

Post by flyers80 »

anyone know a converter from *.scp to *.fdi?
omarsis81

Post by omarsis81 »

See the software that comes with the card
A. Naim

Post by A. Naim »

ecksemmess wrote:I'm pretty sure flyers80 was talking about Supercard Pro format support on the host side, not the guest side. It's a floppy image format that samples disks at the flux level, similar to Kryoflux. I'm not sure exactly what's involved in adding support for those formats, but it kinda seems like way more trouble than it would be worth. Are there any known software titles that PCem currently can't run due to on-disk copy protection implemented at the flux level?
Ah, sorry. I misread.
flyers80

Post by flyers80 »

omarsis81 wrote:See the software that comes with the card
It can not be done
flyers80

Post by flyers80 »

ecksemmess wrote:I'm pretty sure flyers80 was talking about Supercard Pro format support on the host side, not the guest side. It's a floppy image format that samples disks at the flux level, similar to Kryoflux. I'm not sure exactly what's involved in adding support for those formats, but it kinda seems like way more trouble than it would be worth. Are there any known software titles that PCem currently can't run due to on-disk copy protection implemented at the flux level?
Exact, I mean support for files * .scp and not the card
Deksor

Post by Deksor »

Hello ! I am bumping this thread because I have the same interest.
There is literally no PC emulator capable of reading Flux disk images to my knowledge. Moreover, another flux reader have been released a while ago which uses this format and is entirely open source : the greaseweazle https://github.com/keirf/Greaseweazle

I know several disks which can't be stored in standard .img images and I'm sure they're not the only images. Having an emulator such as PCem being able to read these would really help making sure the dumps are fully functional.