Standard 8-button joystick driver for W9x

Support and general discussion.
Greg84

Standard 8-button joystick driver for W9x

Post by Greg84 »

Hi!
I can't wrap my head around Standard 8-button joystick option selectable in Joystick drop down list. Is there a way to configure it under Windows 98 hosted by PCem? Back in the day, before USB HID controllers, I had Gravis that needed additional software/drivers to use more than 4 buttons. I understand that I can use MS Sidewinder Pad which works in W98 using all buttons, but it does not have analogue stick.

Ideally, Standard 8-button joystick could put current gamepads to best use, as we can maintain analogue steering (great in racing games) and use more than 4 buttons.
Is there a way to use this device under W9x?
Thank you in advance for any tips!
leilei

Re: Standard 8-button joystick driver for W9x

Post by leilei »

I think something else more closer resembling to today's modern gamepads which support Win9x would be done instead (the Interact Hammerhead FX SV-262 comes to mind, 10 buttons with 2 analogs and a d-pad)
Greg84

Post by Greg84 »

Indeed, having gamepad like this Hammerhead emulated could be best use scenario for current controllers, well maybe one day... :). Thank you for your answer!
omarsis81

Post by omarsis81 »

Now that we're talking about a joystick request I butt in with mine:
Can we have the option for "None" at the joystick AND the mouse config dropdown list?
Battler

Post by Battler »

I second omarsis81's request.