Statement on the recent flamewar between me and Battler

Support and general discussion.
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Statement on the recent flamewar between me and Battler

Post by SarahWalker »

Following the recent flamewar, which appears to have had the fallout of some members deciding to leave, I feel I need to make the following statement :

The problems between me and Battler, are matters for me and him ONLY. Some people have tried to get involved, which aided the flaming. Please DO NOT DO THIS. I would like to hope we're all mature adults here, who do not feel the need to shit stir or pass around hearsay or pass the contents of private messages to one party or another or any of the other crap that has happened.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the end of it. Any issues I have with Battler I will communicate privately. I request he does the same. Any public posts trying to stir up trouble in this issue will be dealt with. This sort of flamewar benefits no one, and I do not intend for it to happen again.

Thank you.
Katakis

Re: Statement on the recent flamewar between me and Battler

Post by Katakis »

You're right, what goes on between you and Battler is none of my business. But it's funny how one thread about PCem audio lag went way way off topic, and the flame war was triggered when someone mentioned 86Box, such messages which should have been posted in the 86Box forums, if there is one. Other people got involved because you and Battler did not do the flame war in a PM. Now we all know that you easily crack the shits if anyone mentions 86Box and PCem together.

Having said that, you should hire people that will moderate the forums, that will delete or hide messages that venture off-topic when the thread is dealing with a specific issue. Just a suggestion.
ecksemmess

Post by ecksemmess »

Er, I don't think the budget is there to hire anyone. What a weird suggestion... :roll:

Truth be told, I think the moderation here is pretty much fine as is. Things get kind of silly sometimes, but mostly it's all under control. I don't know that we need to be asking for more in that area from Sarah or anyone else.
SuperFrog

Post by SuperFrog »

Ohh, I missed drama again... :o

Sad...

Just got popcorn. :)
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Post by SarahWalker »

If you want drama, go elsewhere.