[Bug] Warcraft 2 displays nothing

Discussion of development and patch submission.
ecksemmess

Re: [Bug] Warcraft 2 displays nothing

Post by ecksemmess »

Has anyone done any further digging on the Warcraft 2 issue that was the original point of this thread? The conclusion seemed to be that this is a genuine PCem bug, but it's not clear whether anyone has looked into it further or has a clear idea of what the problem might be.
Battler

Post by Battler »

It could be a bug specific to the ATi Mach64 VT2 emulation as that's the card on which the bug was reported.
ecksemmess

Post by ecksemmess »

But in the initial post of this thread, didn't you say "it happens with any emulated graphics card"?
Battler

Post by Battler »

- ecksemess: The initial report was for the Mach64 VT2, then I was told it happens with any emulated graphics card. I'd need to do the tests myself to see what happens.
James-F

Post by James-F »

Warcraft 2 searches for VBE 2.0 video card, if it does not detect one it will start a uniVBE driver or request you to start one.
There are some version of the game that have UniVBE already part of the executable, so it will start it automatically.
war2.png
war2.png (40.74 KiB) Viewed 5616 times
Battler

Post by Battler »

But the Mach64 VT2 BIOS does have VBE 2.0, even better than your Virge's (LBA 2 finds the VBE 2.0 palette call on the Mach64 VT2 but not on that ViRGE).