Config manager

Discussion of development and patch submission.
AnnaWu

Config manager

Post by AnnaWu »

committed e677dbf
Exist a way to disable the config manager after start of PCem?
Very unstable (WinXP SP3 32-bit).

1.) Remember size & position not working
2.) File > Exit = crash (to close the window with X button is ok)
3.) pcem.cfg
vid_resize = 2 (produce a crash)

No problems with previous versions without config manager + configs folder.
A. Naim

Re: Config manager

Post by A. Naim »

Anything you download and build off of the latest source code is going to have bugs in it. You're basically running a test build. :)

The latest official release is the V12 on the Downloads page.
AnnaWu

Post by AnnaWu »

A. Naim wrote:Anything you download and build off of the latest source code is going to have bugs in it. You're basically running a test build. :)

You made my day. I like funny people. :mrgreen:
A. Naim

Post by A. Naim »

AnnaWu wrote:
A. Naim wrote:Anything you download and build off of the latest source code is going to have bugs in it. You're basically running a test build. :)

You made my day. I like funny people. :mrgreen:
You look like a hoopy frood too, but I have to ask - Do you know where your towel is? :)
SarahWalker
Site Admin

Post by SarahWalker »

Rev 732 fixes the File -> Exit issue.

Remember size & position seems to be working okay here... could you post your pcem.cfg file?

You can disable the config manager by passing a configuration file with the --config command line option.

vid_resize = 2 doesn't seem to crash for me, but why are you setting config variables to invalid values?
Battler

Post by Battler »

Shouldn't the config parser do sanity checks, and either auto-correct values to valid ones or show a message box and then terminate the emulator? It would certainly be better than a potential crash.
AnnaWu

Post by AnnaWu »

SarahWalker wrote:Rev 732 fixes the File -> Exit issue.

Remember size & position seems to be working okay here... could you post your pcem.cfg file?

You can disable the config manager by passing a configuration file with the --config command line option.

vid_resize = 2 doesn't seem to crash for me, but why are you setting config variables to invalid values?
Thank you Sarah. Rev 732 fixes the File -> Exit issue.
Only "vid_resize = 0" is accepted without any crash.
It seems the resizeable window is not working. Of course "Remember size & position" does not work too.
It does not matter if I use --config or the Config manager.
This was working for me with previous commits (2017-05-04)

Maybe something is wrong with my compiler settings or new changes exist? I have to check in detail.
Thanks again.
leilei

Post by leilei »

I should mention I'm also getting random startup crashes related to remembering window size being checked (crash points to msvcrt.dll)
jbenam

Post by jbenam »

I've just compiled the latest build available (5ed254524f5f) and I can't get the Config Manager to work.

Clicking "New" works, I can get the old Config screen, press "ok" then nothing happens. Nothing gets added to the list, and the "HDD" and "Configuration..." button do nothing.

Has anyone had the same issue while compiling?

Thanks.
JosepMa

Post by JosepMa »

jbenam: Most probably, you don't have a "configs" folder in the directory where pcem executable is (also, when prompted to save, you have to save it there). I also found this initially and it was until I compiled a linux build myself that i realized the problem.
jbenam

Post by jbenam »

JosepMa wrote:jbenam: Most probably, you don't have a "configs" folder in the directory where pcem executable is (also, when prompted to save, you have to save it there). I also found this initially and it was until I compiled a linux build myself that i realized the problem.
Indeed, that was it! You're a star. Thank you very much :D
omarsis81

Post by omarsis81 »

I'd strongly suggest Sarah, do PCem make the "configs" folder if it doesn't exist, when you return from your trip.